🚨L1's euro♦️ shenanigans 🍷🚨

loserone

Yeah, i'd have been happy with 80 miles.

So you cruise at 55... mmm. So with 5 charges is that a range of perhaps 60 miles in cold weather, given Durham-Leeds return is about 200 miles?

I'm not sure I'm ready to leave the growl of five cylinders exploding vegoil in the outside lane just yet, especially when it's still only 1p or less for a kWh. It's no more efficient than Ferrybridge feeding the Grid, except I don't waste all the heat.

Not strictly leaf related, but we're doing a bit of motorway mileage over the next couple of weeks. Not leafing that with a 14mo and a 6mo pregnant Mrs_l1..

Have been looking to replace the currently-fucked k11 we'd planned on using with an H6 subaru, but it's the wrong time of year to buy such a thing.

Looked at getting a cheap focus or something but everything worthwhile and local is vanishing in hours, and we only really need an ICE for a week.

Instead we're renting a "Focus or similar" from enterprise, £109 which takes the pressure off buying something quickly.

Not exactly autoshite, but people PCP for more.

Thanks, AS was the first place I looked, but it's not a cheap temp car or an H6 awd estate, it's diesel, DSG, and the last Toledo we had made us all feel a bit sick from the ride.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-LEGACY-LANCASTER-6-4WD-3-0-AUTO-BARN-FIND-ONLY-58000-MILES-/362196566428?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

s-l1600.jpg

Leaf ran out of battery.

Left my dad sat in it for 15 mins with the heating, a/c, everything on whilst I dealt with the chickens. Drove home, decided not to plug it in as it still had 75% battery.

Next morning the central locking didn't work and no lights on the dash. Totally flat.

I still have the Camry battery SL bought for the ls400 when it was his, so jump started it and left it running when collecting layers pellets. Left it on a trickle charge overnight and now showing 14v again.

Argh, long post deleted by switching a.s version on my phone.

Yes, the dc-dc converter does that, but if the 12v battery drops below a certain voltage the big battery stops charging it. But the car doesn't tell you you're going to be fucked next time you stop. [Edit - because you need the 12v battery to make the connection to the big battery. ]

The solution* to this is to monitor it properly over odb2

post-4015-0-13942000-1514316279_thumb.png

Normal cars don't tell you your battery is fucked either

A lot of modern stuff with stop/start does, as it knows how worn the battery is as it counts energy going in and going out. So it knows the real state of charge, hence diagnostic tool to tell it that a new battery is connected.

• 3 weeks later...

s-l1600.jpg

Not a concern I intend to have after tomorrow.

Sure, if you have to only have one car, and you might have to do 350 miles, in the winter, you probably shouldn't get a pure EV unless you can afford a Model S.  But we've heard this moan before in this thread..

[edit - stop liking this post, I didn't buy it, see below!]