🚨L1's euro♦️ shenanigans 🍷🚨

loserone

49 minutes ago, loserone said:

*no, it can't fit three child seats in the back.

Yeah… we bought the MG ZS to do everything… and have the same problem! Two cars seats and a teenager do not fit in the back.

Just means we need my Volvo! 

I do like a Duster, and definitely considered one when we bought our MG… but we got tempted into Leccy! 

28 minutes ago, loserone said:

Yes, the Comfort rather than top spec on has AC not climate, ONE reversing camera not 4 all round cameras, an 8" touch screen not 10", and needs plugging a cable in for Android Auto, you can't use wifi.

Also it has 16" wheels rather than 17".  All round it's better, really.

AUTOSHITE. 

I really rated my Duster, I hope it’s good to you. 

1 hour ago, loserone said:

*no, it can't fit three child seats in the back.

As a matter of professional interest, would three fit across the back if they weren’t on the isofix points? We’ve found that lots of cars we have personally driven will easily fit three child seats on the belts, when the whole of Mumsnet, the blue forum and the entire Internet are screaming “YOUR ONLY OPTION IS AN XC90!”

(disclaimer - I acknowledge this approach does rather depend on how big your sprogs are - anything larger than a 5 year old and things get a bit squished)

XC90s are OK but not amazing for 3 kids across the back.

It's a design choice on almost every car that the arse space and therefore belts are split 40/20/40 so you've no chance of fitting a seat in the middle.

Only exceptions are vans and MPVs, Zafira or Touran type things where there are 3 individual equally sized seats across the back.

Good buying anyway L1, love the orange.

1 minute ago, loserone said:

We don't have any ISOFIX seats.

That’ll be a big ol’ nope then! Plenty of folks seem to think we have the low-down on every new car out there RE small folks so it’s handy to know.  Surprising how such a big car can have such little room inside compared to your average 20 yr old hatchback. Cracking colour though! 

Just now, Dave_Q said:

XC90s are OK but not amazing for 3 kids across the back.

It's a design choice on almost every car that the arse space and therefore belts are split 40/20/40 so you've no chance of fitting a seat in the middle.

Only exceptions are vans and MPVs, Zafira or Touran type things where there are 3 individual equally sized seats across the back.

Good buying anyway L1, love the orange.

It’s rare that the width is there, agreed. (Fnarr) We managed to squeeze three full size child seats  (I.e not just high back booster seats) into my wife’s employer’s car - a 2012 Golf estate, which worked pretty well. 

My last employers have a new shape XC90  which they bought when their 3rd came along - a bit of a mistake, as you say. The 7 yr old has to go in the middle on the (admittedly clever) built in booster seat, which he isn’t so keen on for long journeys. They’d have been better off with a Picasso but wouldn’t be seen dead in anything French. great buy @loserone

The orange colour looks good, I don't think I've seen them like that before. Much more exciting than silver/white.

The 'proper' 4X4 versions of these seem to be a rarity.... Maybe one in every ten I'm parked behind actually has a diff/shafts on display. If it's not rude to ask, is there a big price difference between the 4WD and 2WD options?

Also, have you tried it on WVO yet?

Just now, loserone said:

About four and half grand I think.  

WVO? No chance

Yep- That's a fairly vast price gap eh.

Obviously joking RE WVO, but the rules are clear in that someone has to mention veg oil in some format at least once a day- So I spotted the opportunity and grabbed it.

Happy Dustering man- It looks great as mentioned, I'm genuinely envious.

33 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

Low-geared, aren’t they?

My neighbour has had three now, he says each one is slightly higher geared and gets better fuel economy.  But he still doesn't pull away in first (and nor do I)

Aye, I once got stung for a small round in Oslo though, so I remember why my Norwegian colleagues got paid more than I did.

There's a reason there's so many electric cars about over there!

• 2 weeks later...

Duster has done about 800miles now.  Averaging 52mpg brim to brim.  

IMG_20220509_115209.thumb.jpg.682d332493e5d0ec7da69efd8f0e8810.jpg

Its even taken me to the pub, and has gone through a number of fords (we do live in Weardale after all).

PXL_20220505_194217274.thumb.jpg.8610d292ce6dc730d74fa80c7ee58233.jpg

Today's exciting progress was a set of genuine rubber mats.

PXL_20220516_183626240.MP.jpg

PXL_20220515_083818861.jpg

PXL_20220516_183421677.MP.jpg

Edited by loserone
Removing sleeping baby

Chap a few villages down organises the local tractor runs, and chatting to him he offered me a spare oil bath to carb pipe.  I ordered the rubber hoses to join it on and stuck it on today, together with the battery out of the Trafic which I kept.

PXL_20220520_152324698.MP.jpg

PXL_20220520_152321437.MP.jpg