🚨L1's euro♦️ shenanigans 🍷🚨

loserone

14 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

go on their twatter account etc and really bad mouth them about it in public- big companies really* love* this

Success, it seems.  Trafic coming home, hire CT aircross, hotels and flights booked

Go and kick a concrete bollard in bare feet now man, you need to get bad luck #3 out of your system!

(Seriously though, well done getting the van repatriation sorted and condolences on the flat. I assume it being a modern there is no spare and just a can of tyre gloop?)

2 minutes ago, Stanky said:

what spec did you go for?

The lowest spec possible* whilst still having 4x4.  It's a 1.5 DCI Comfort, a cancelled order which had already had a full size spare wheel specified - and Arizona orange, obviously.

13 minutes ago, loserone said:

The lowest spec possible* whilst still having 4x4.  It's a 1.5 DCI Comfort, a cancelled order which had already had a full size spare wheel specified - and Arizona orange, obviously.

That's a result! Was there much choice or did this just align perfectly being what's on offer, and what you wanted?

Zero choice.  Looking at the facebook group plenty people are calling up to chase six month old orders at UK dealers and being told that the cancelled order they'd asked for has been sold three times over.  Some have waited nine months.

Obviously it was the first dealer Mrs L1 rang, and also the only car we looked at.

Just now, AnnoyingPentium said:

Oh yes. I didn't know you had specced 4x4 on yours. It looks rather dashing in the orange too. Ours is white with the 1.0 Turbo 100 FWD, an Essential trim with some nice extras.  We're nearly 9000 miles in at almost two years and we're pretty happy with the car.

20220503_201249.thumb.jpg.b781f018337e624723f32a704d220017.jpg

Yeah, I think if 4x4 hadn't been a requirement then we'd have just saved a ton of money and got a Jogger.  But if we're going to have something around for  a long while, it had better do everything.

*no, it can't fit three child seats in the back.

• loserone changed the title to L1's frog shenanigans - DUSTERSHITE
5 minutes ago, loserone said:

Yeah, I think if 4x4 hadn't been a requirement then we'd have just saved a ton of money and got a Jogger.  But if we're going to have something around for  a long while, it had better do everything.

*no, it can't fit three child seats in the back.

Thoughts on the size of the boot? The dog bloody loves the space he has! 😆

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Thoughts on the size of the boot? The dog bloody loves the space he has! 😆

Of the Duster? It's OK, we'll need a roofbox or similar for family camping trips.

We did actually arrive early so wasted some time at the Peugeot dealer opposite.  New peugeots look shit, are expensive, and aren't that roomy - I had thought a 508 might be a viable car for a family of five, but it's smaller than a 205 inside.

1 minute ago, loserone said:

Of the Duster? It's OK, we'll need a roofbox or similar for family camping trips.

We've not been camping yet with ours, we're going down to a static caravan in Silloth during the summer holiday though.

It was the Auris we last took camping, with me being drowned in the back with all the various shite we took. A roofbox would probably benefit yous all indeed. :)

46 minutes ago, loserone said:

Winnar. Assume it has air con too?

Yes, the Comfort rather than top spec on has AC not climate, ONE reversing camera not 4 all round cameras, an 8" touch screen not 10", and needs plugging a cable in for Android Auto, you can't use wifi.

Also it has 16" wheels rather than 17".  All round it's better, really.