Rootes arrows spots--22.08.2010 update

Just saying thanks for your Sao pics. Appreciated!Love the new uploads. As the previous post says, where do you find all this stuff? Love it.

As said no problem and welcome to the group :D Finding stuff is just by keeping my eyes open when out-nipping down the odd dead end can be usefull for finds :wink: and the odd tip off from people.

Finding stuff is just by keeping my eyes open when out-nipping down the odd dead end can be usefull for finds :wink: and the odd tip off from people.

^^^AKA a Nosey Shunt ^^^ :lol::lol:
:lol::lol: You wait till I spot your viva's :lol:

Blimey! Is that all on the same drive? Great spots recently!

Yes all at the same house-I have posted others from there too.

mmm argenta,was that the one that was on ebay recently?

Yes the Irish buyer gets it tomorrow I believe - Cortina's back on.

That big old two-tone Humber with the "OAF" reg plate, wasn't it one of a bunch of them that appeared in readers' restos in Practical some years ago?

ISTR that some guys were buying Super Snipes and restoring all of the cars in the same colour scheme, then using them for wedding hire.

Please, someone tell me I didn't dream that.

The Yellow (but used to be blue) Cortina is indeed on eBay at the mo, according to the description, it was

converted by a professional.....

Hmm......

Posted Image

That big old two-tone Humber with the "OAF" reg plate, wasn't it one of a bunch of them that appeared in readers' restos in Practical some years ago?ISTR that some guys were buying Super Snipes and restoring all of the cars in the same colour scheme, then using them for wedding hire. Please, someone tell me I didn't dream that.

Not a dream! It definitely happened, and that was my exact same thought when I saw the pics of the Humber too. They were all that colour scheme, so i'd be willing to put money on the fact that it's one of his.

Whats the car thats just in shot on the far left of the picture with the white Cortina on the blue Princess, its the blue one just the passenger wing and light in shot, I did think it was a Mazda 818 at first but dont think it is now, more like a Datsun, any pics of that or the two tone green Cortina Carousel they look good in that colour.

Whats the car thats just in shot on the far left of the picture with the white Cortina on the blue Princess, its the blue one just the passenger wing and light in shot, I did think it was a Mazda 818 at first but dont think it is now, more like a Datsun, any pics of that or the two tone green Cortina Carousel they look good in that colour.

Blue ones a Hillman Hunter http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=9383319 ... 82n&m=textCarouselhttp://www.flickr.com/search/?w=9383319 ... 29x&m=text