Dollywobbler's Invacar - Ongoing

dollywobbler

Leafs (leaves?) Are coming right down in price, and it will be not long before a cosmetically damaged one will equal write-off.

80kw in an invacar. Given that DW and I easily lifted the front wheel off the ground and got it a foot in the air without trying, I suspect a wheelie bar would be needed for every pull-away.

Nah, you want to get scrap Tesla components from Norway and software from the Fat Man to make it all run.

r-7-1024x682.jpg

Thats a 426bhp motor, inverter and gearbox.

As an aside, are any of those old road signs still in situ that you used to see on motorway slip roads etc. which effectively said 'THIS IS A FAST BIT SO NO 50cc MOPEDS, NO HORSES, NO CAMELS, NO LIGHT AIRCRAFT, NO DOGGING AND ABSOLUTELY NO BLOODY INVALID CARRIAGES PLEASE.'

I remember there used to be one on the A27 around Brighton but I don't think its there anymore. I presume they're no longer deemed necessary? 

As an aside, are any of those old road signs still in situ that you used to see on motorway slip roads etc. which effectively said 'THIS IS A FAST BIT SO NO 50cc MOPEDS, NO HORSES, NO CAMELS, NO LIGHT AIRCRAFT, NO DOGGING AND ABSOLUTELY NO BLOODY INVALID CARRIAGES PLEASE.'

I remember there used to be one on the A27 around Brighton but I don't think its there anymore. I presume they're no longer deemed necessary? 

There's a few on the A55 in North Wales I think. 

But you're driving around in an invalid carriage out of irony, because they're so funny?

Okay then.

It's a bloody car mate! I don't care what it was built for. I'm not ripping the piss out of 1990s executives by driving a Lexus...

Ah but you know how hobbies progress...

After a while you will find yourself looking at antique wheelchairs and start cruising Aberytwyth promenade on them..

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.1488927,-0.6998548,3a,38.6y,227.63h,89.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9eXvI5hyXEnW1UwNCN2wBg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

A30 sliproad at Thursley.

That one says nowt about Invacars mind, so it looks like the A30 is a prime location for DW to go for a V-MAX run in one of these bad boys.

Excellent purchase!

I think they are all gone now, but they were from the very dawn of motorways:

post-20295-0-27547900-1509714619_thumb.jpg

There was even a Welsh version :

post-20295-0-36596200-1509714630_thumb.png

(photos from SABRE)

82 mph in an AC Invalid carriage.....

now that is scary!!

i remember seeing one trundling about town when i was small, like really small, i've not seen one since the last time i was at South Lakes Motor Museum.

i didn't think there were any of these left in the wild, just the odd one in museums, then DW goes and finds TWO!!

now i cannot wait to see one of them return to the road.....

I vaguely remember them in Bexleyheath back in the mid 90s. Didn't think much of them as there was plenty of three wheelers in regular use then anyway.

I also had a car book (for kids with all the different types of car body styles and other vehicles etc with actual photos) which covered these. Pretty sure I still have said book at my mum's.

Don't forget Comic Strip Presents Dirty Movie ;)

13.40 or there about's ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBJpmfuJKfM

interesting fact for the day, that cinema was my local Flea Pit, The Rembrandt in Ewell. Long gone and replaced by houses

went down there after school to see them in the scene where they threw the dummy off the room, Aid and Rik were signing autographs, was a bit star shocked. Have some piccies of it all someplace