Dollywobbler's Invacar - Ongoing

dollywobbler

28 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Amazing that you managed to get the parts from the original place of origin! That’s almost poetic! Something very satisfying about that... 

Yep, like all the best stuff on AS, the more you think about it the better it gets - a car for the disabled that's been out of production for 40 years,  that was banned* in 2003, there are less than 100 left - and 'yeah parts are on the shelf mate, hang on a minute...'.

Cheers for that, I'll definitely give them a shout tomorrow.

I reckon with the right kit and skills the pulleys I have could be refurbished.  The chromed central shaft is in good nick on mine at least.  I may well have a chat with the folks at Fusion Fabs (who made my fuel tank) and see what they think.  Obviously I don't want to go messing with them until I have an alternative available to use on the car though in case I do break them!  At the same time I really don't want to seem to be hoarding parts.

Had a very pleasant meet with HubNut fans last night. TWC popular as ever.

Today? Driving straight through London. I'm actually looking forward to it. I hope to cross Tower Bridge around lunchtime. Wondering if there's anywhere it's possible to park for free for a quick 'this is London' photo.

IMG_20190515_231226_639.jpg

18 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

Excellent news about the off the shelf pulleys fixing your drive issues, what else did they have in stock in the way of spares?
Driving through London should be interesting, TWC is the perfect size to nip around.

See!!! *grumble* :mrgreen:

1 minute ago, busmansholiday said:

Make sure you drive past parliament so there's a chance Sky / BBC / ITN get the oportunity to get it in the background when they are interviewing some MP.

does DW get bonus points if he makes the belt squeal really loudly as the MP is about to talk? :mrgreen:

Is the footage from those cameras actually checked by a real person these days, or is it all robotic?

Because to have the person print off the form, with the picture of a hooning Invacar at the top, shaking their head in disbelief and throwing it in the bin as an impossibility would be amusing.

Liked very much for the trip to get new parts, the improvement they made and then a trip to confuse people in That There London.

--Phil

5 hours ago, PhilA said:

Is the footage from those cameras actually checked by a real person these days, or is it all robotic?

Because to have the person print off the form, with the picture of a hooning Invacar at the top, shaking their head in disbelief and throwing it in the bin as an impossibility would be amusing.

Liked very much for the trip to get new parts, the improvement they made and then a trip to confuse people in That There London.

--Phil

like the stories of buses getting caught doing 90Mph but then being thrown out because the judge did not believe a bus could do 90 :)

I still wanna see a double decker do 100 :)

im enjoying these pictures far more then anyone should be enjoying them :mrgreen:

cant wait for the video footage to land :)

we just need Zel to do the same with TPA, so we can compare how the 12 inch and 10 inch wheel/tyre setups affect things under stress conditions :)

you know for scientific* reasons :) 

(also in this case I really do wonder how the adjustable gas spax shock absorbers are adjusted between the 2)