How easy was it to change the clock in your car this morning?

willswitchengage

Our clock went from being 14 minutes fast, to an hour and 14 minutes fast through lack of being arsed to alter it even slightly over the past 5 years.

Time is an illusion anyway.

Plus what sort of crap electronics gains about three minutes a year? We can fling satellites around the earth with millisecond precision but VW can't make a clock circuit that's better than a pound shop watch.

In the Espace it took bloody ages. Process as follows:

Go into onboard computer, find that I can't access the clock option. Look for 4 digit expert code in handbook. Find code. Doesn't work. Google it. Discover that code is the same on all models and has nothing to do with the 4 digit code in my handbook. (It's 4112 by the way)

Get into expert mode. Still can't access clock option.

Try and access it via the stereo (which just has an IR remote, no front panel). Find all the stereo controls - audio stuff, balance, fader, etc - but no clock.

Plug in diagnostics. Can't find anything relating to clock. Start considering disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it on the dot of midnight.

Do some more googling. Turns out it has a button next to the clock. FFS, the steering lock and handbrake are electronic but the clock has a button?!

Is this really a three page thread now ?

Yup and every time someone posts it gets longer. Someone mentioned earlier they had trouble finding something pointy enough to do the clock in their XM as Citroen for some reason decided to make the hole too small for your normal ball point pen to fit, I find a cocktail stick works well and keep one in the ashtray for this very reason.

I had a JDM Subaru Impreza a few years ago as part of my mid-life crisis.  The car was very fast but the clock was completely unfathomable.  For 6 months of the year, the clock was fine but was always an hour out for the other six months.  The microwave in the kitchen is another appliance from the Land of the Rising Sun that defies any attempt to set or alter the clock.  It reminds me of the days of the video recorder in old peoples' house where the clock display just flashed all day and all night, every day, for ever.

• 1 year later...

Rovers - easy, but haven't changed them in a few years.

Micra, easy, even on Sony Xplod stereo.

BMW - Had to resort to handbook. Then resorted to YouTube after I found I didn't have the handbook for the radio.

Vectra - Ok~ish.

BMW 1-series - Done for my mate yesterday.

Sometimes I'd sit in cars for MOTs and adjust all the clocks correctly in various cars.

12 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Just a little knob you push in and twist IIRC :) 

and thats goes for all 2 Invacars fitted with a clock LOL

(At the risk of feeding the everything-is-about-Invacars monster ?) That looks like a Leyland parts bin clock, shared with the XJ-S no less:

F0AFED8A-1D5D-45C8-99C3-5FD780C4AEAE.thumb.jpeg.535f41688ba7af62fb48fdae9a7fc4c1.jpeg

Edit: And also the Lotus Elite, now I come to think of it:

190489BE-F0E1-41B6-9BEA-19E49014CA8D.thumb.jpeg.60a2779f9d3710da72672cbf4899bca9.jpeg

The Sierra has a flat battery anyway, the spitfire hasn't got a clock. 

I'm hoping the daily will update itself via the phone or something, other wise I may have negotiate endless menus and sub menus and I will lose the extra hour faffing about with it.