How easy was it to change the clock in your car this morning?

willswitchengage

The Picasso is sort of annoying to set the clock on only for the reason I hate having to push a button 23 times to go back an hour... oh, and the fact that I accidently temporarily changed the language to German (and that didn’t help at all).

Does anyone else have a clock which is a few minutes fast but it’s been like that for so long you know that if you correct it back you’ll be late everywhere? ... No? ... Alright, just me then.

Meh... In the clatter of finger-bebuggerry carried out when I jumped in the car, earlier, I discovered [in the dark] the Carina clock is only 12hr + a button to Zero/Zero 'synchronise watches' - ideal for a sneaky attack on Pearl Harbour, perhaps - &get the BBCeeb pips bagged!!

ooof! :)

TS

The only clock in the gooner is on the headunit, and I don't know how to do that yet. I'll push buttons one day, or leave it

Can't change the zafiras clock now it's not got the original headunit so it'll be wrong for the next 6 months! Although amy seems to think she can do it, so I'll let her work that one out

The present Mrs LT is upset with me because for the past 6 months the clock in the Multipla has been an hour out, so come the clock change it would finally be showing the correct time again. Unfortunately, last week I had to do an ECU reset and when I reconnected the battery I set the clock to the then correct BST, which was correct for all of 5 days.

No problem in the scenic, nice big hour button to press 23 times. I have in the past had the ones where you have to insert a pen or something into a tiny hole so they never got changed. too much faff.

Ill do the BMW ones tomorrow although I expect the one on the head unit will have adjusted itself. 

Does anyone else have a clock which is a few minutes fast but it’s been like that for so long you know that if you correct it back you’ll be late everywhere? ... No? ... Alright, just me then.

I did have and just ended up confused when I corrected it so not just you

The bloke who bought my Cowley didn't pay the extra £53.10s for an Oxford so I don't have to change the clock in that. 

If the Minor had one it would probably involve fiddling about with a screwdriver because I expect the winder would have broken off in 1979. 

Merc is easy, just twiddle a knob.  The only faff is having to re-adjust the panel lighting after having turned the wrong one. 

VW even easier - its in storage with the battery disconnected.   

The Audi was a piece of piss, 2 buttons and it's done.

The Locosts mad bike Digi dash fuck knows, the batteries disconnected while i fuck about with the alternator so if I reconnect the battery at midnight she'll be reet.

The cougar is going to Yorkshire tomorrow so i should really set the clock back 50 years, not sure how to do that though...

i beleive you can change the clock manually with the two buttons on the display , but the last couple of vauxhalls i've had have all had OEM head uits ifi notthe original so have done it via the magic of RDS

The Zafira has no buttons by the screen. The meriva did, and I'm 100% sure that's why amy is getting confused, ill let her work it out the hard way!

C3 and Ibiza just involved holding buttons in, although I managed to go forward 47 hours before I got it right on the C3 (so today is Tuesday ?).

MG and HiAce have batteries disconnected, Ducato isn't likely to get done as it's a motorhome and after over two years of owning Ducatos I've still not even worked out how to reset the trip miles let alone how the clock works.

I had to resort to the handbook when adjusting the clock in the Jag earlier this year. The sovereign trip computer is quite odd when it comes to the buttons that need to be pressed (and the length of time they need to be pressed for) in order to adjust the time. It's made by Lucas you know...

This thread needs pictures:

XJ6-Brochure-Trip-Computer.jpg