Safrane, so good? Now needs new home for £250 shiter price

bramz7

Bloody hell, I thought that was the Lovejoy Safrane until you pointed out it wasn't.

i061793.jpg

Being a Birmingham registered plate I think this would have orignally come from the big Renault dealership in Digbeth, Birmingham.

Yes Renault Birmingham I'm pretty sure. An Alpine A610 is 6 cars out from your lovely Safrane.

5yPzl5SE.jpg

I went to the '92 Motor Show too. The last one I went to. I couldn't remember the Safrane but I remember the Toyota Camry estate with it's twin rear wipers. :oops:

The 1992 Motor Show was the first and only one I went to*. Apart from the Safrane, the only thing I vividly remember about the show was being given a demonstration of the Mondeo Gold stereo system on the Ford stand using Peter Gabriel's then latest album. Oddly, no actual Mondeos were on the company's stand.

*However, I've been back to the NEC several times since then, mainly for Crufts *wag*

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. Not overly happy with it but impending career change means the need for a cheap daily again. Sigh. No room to store this either.

£250 to a shiter.

Ooh... one day I'll have one of these! Have had a strong feeling of wantage for a Series 1 Safrane for a while, but reading through this thread has turned it into a raging horn. Looks like a cracking example of a much overlooked beauty, and being an RN model actually appeals to me more. Had I not recently picked up a Phase 1 Laguna then I could well have been very tempted. But if this one's ever needing re-homed... should the planets align, I'd be very interested.