Absolute horse shit™ The official thread of Railton Heavy Industries Limited and it's subsidiaries.

Heidel_Kakao

• 1 month later...

post-82-0-50600500-1513203436_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-09588500-1513203480_thumb.jpg

As it's just been Cedric this and Cedric that for the past week or so I am sure you are all sick of hearing about him so let's give the Proton some love. Someone else must agree as I came home to find a snow heart on the side of it lol. I went to Asda tonight and couldn't resist driving into the snow pile on purpose to see how far I could get up it.

Last night I filmed my first driving impressions video with Proton, coming straight from Cedric it felt genuinely sporty! Let me know if you like the video and please like and subscribe if you can be arsed, I am currently in full on self promotion mode so get used to it lol.

• 1 month later...

OI HK.. you killed the proton??? not seen it lurking for a while, and notice the XM has been swapped about too.....no movement with Cedrick, still nice to see him/her/it when i'm up that way!!

Not killed, stolen, abducted by aliens etc. Just elsewhere and not in use due to having three pedals which wasn't compatible with my arm being in plaster.

• 1 year later...

IMG_20200104_120504506_HDR.thumb.jpg.c8da98d4af1471a805cedcfd87dddbe2.jpg

So you may have seen that I picked up this fine machine a week ago, it's my first ever V8 and easily the most technologically advanced vehicle I have ever owned ( that's not saying much though!) and the most refined too.

I bought it with the intention of using it as an engine donor for my Volvo 940 estate as while it's a nice driving car it's not the greatest example so I won't feel bad about destroying it.

I did an oil and filter change on it today to protect the most important part :)I don't think it will be getting any other servicing in my ownership. I like wafting around in it as it promotes a very relaxed driving style and it has a pretty nice stereo too, I have confirmed that it can do a pretty good one tire fire (no LSD sadly) if the traction control is disabled but it's really not designed for those kind of childish activities.

i376926.thumb.jpg.35623774fc95c91da3671fb677b4755c.jpg

Anyway if it's good enough for Doc Martin it's good enough for me!

• 6 months later...

I have just arranged to buy a replacement for the LS430 (anyone who checks my posting history should be able to figure out what the replacement is) so it will now be parked up to await it's fate as an engine donor which was always the intention anyway.

I have done just over 5000 miles since I got it including a trip to Holland a few weeks back which I was too lazy to document.

IMG_20200711_095622303_HDR.thumb.jpg.7f4f94b872a88013feff627b6ce22bc1.jpg

I saw some shiny balls while on that trip though. I also recorded 30MPG over a 1000 miles which I was pretty chuffed with. The only thing that has gone "wrong" since I got it was a blown brake light bulb, I never even had to top up for the screenwash, god knows how big the tank is.

I have grown attached to the big old barge as I feared I would but it's lovely 32 valve quad cam all alloy heart will live on so watch this space, well actually not this space but this space https://autoshite.com/topic/28524-estates-of-the-nation/page/29/

RIP YR03KBC, gone but not forgotten.

IMG_20200201_125413038.thumb.jpg.4f2b6aa2baf9ba4a5e4aa9ded944043c.jpg

• 4 months later...

FB_IMG_1605374077529.thumb.jpg.d0261dc6bc942d78133dbd188d819f31.jpg

A thread bump due to sad circumstances😢 Some of you may remember me having this Corrado VR6 a while back, well I have inherited it now as my brother passed away recently. He had owned it since 2003 so it's been in the family a long time and I will never sell it.

Unfortunately it's not very healthy at the moment, it has a nasty top end noise above 3000RPM. Now as I don't have to care about resale value this may be the perfect opportunity to rebuild it stronger and better than ever.

Do we have anyone with dubber knowledge that knows how involved a 3.6 VR6 swap is? Rather than spending the money on an engine rebuild I would rather have the bigger engine, and then maybe a turbo on top of that.

It's low down on my priority list as the Cedric still comes first but the Corrado will live again!

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

So sorry to hear of your sad news H_K.

I seem to remember you were in this the first time I met you at a Chumley. Hope you can get the rebuild sorted to keep it going! A 3.6 with turbo sounds beastly! 

Cheers dude, yeah I had it at Chumley one year, even drove it into the judging ring and promptly got ignored by PA wanker haha.

1 hour ago, HMC said:

I think you brought this to shitefest at the field of dreams? Lovely car. Sorry to hear your news, but also think your power crazed plans are brilliant.

Cheers dude, yeah I think that was Shitefest 2016 the super muddy one and I ripped the chin spoiler off while exiting the field. 

FB_IMG_1607117358848.thumb.jpg.4614f304d1c4f9ea6286f6a42f30db41.jpg

That's how muddy it was still by the time I got home lol. 

A+ car would push again. 

I'd imagine a look through the relevant dubber forum would yeild a project where its been done before, can't imagine there's not something out there that just drops straight in? 

Don't forget to leave a weekend free with the engine out to clean the fuck out of the engine bay etc! 

• Heidel_Kakao changed the title to H_K's kars/van(z) wot iz knot est8s

20210423_110556.thumb.jpg.c65c2c2b55bb27a82c2c6990f4436be8.jpg20210423_110631.thumb.jpg.03a387ab23257a18b667d003684920e1.jpg20210423_110658.thumb.jpg.68b04afb77d577c6057f9f97da87d2d7.jpg

So I have my first ever van 😀 Going to tax it from the first of May and then first van duty will be collecting a spare engine for Cedric from Yorkshire.

It has 12 months MOT and is in fine fettle thanks to @tommotech

20210423_110402.thumb.jpg.b851657386556e631c6f656381c387d5.jpg

Might have another go at deep cleaning the interior but that's about the only thing I am going to do to it.

• Heidel_Kakao changed the title to H_K's kars/van(z) wot iz knot est8s. Now with White Van Man content!!!!

I have a feeling you might keep this for a while @Heidel_Kakao as you can chuck any old shite in the back. Case in point, engine for Cedric. You can get a lot of shite in the back of that. I've been a fan of vans for ages. Mattress in the back, camper. Pretty economic as well.  Are you still round Brierley way coz I would love a drool over near Cedric.

1 hour ago, puddlethumper said:

I have a feeling you might keep this for a while @Heidel_Kakao as you can chuck any old shite in the back. Case in point, engine for Cedric. You can get a lot of shite in the back of that. I've been a fan of vans for ages. Mattress in the back, camper. Pretty economic as well.  Are you still round Brierley way coz I would love a drool over near Cedric.

Yup still in Brierley Hill mate, you are more than welcome to come round for a drool and a cup of tea 😀

20210501_130640.thumb.jpg.dce59881715ff145626c9ee4e4d8ed42.jpg

160 mile round trip to the FOD was my first proper drive in the van and I bloody love it. It's slow to accelerate but in an endearing way not frustrating. Nice and comfortable, decent stereo and it handles well too.

@wuvvumYou undersold sold it by saying it does 80 if you keep your foot in it. I was getting 90+ indicated on the flat. Number 1 rule, never lift lol. Conservation of momentum is key!

16 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

I was getting 90+ indicated on the flat. Number 1 rule, never lift lol. Conversation of momentum is key!

Genuine question, how loud was it at vmax? I'm imagining a screaming diesel, but is that correct?

20 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Genuine question, how loud was it at vmax? I'm imagining a screaming diesel, but is that correct?

Nope not at all. I don't have a rev counter (yet!)  so don't know what RPM"s it was doing but the engine was quiet* (as quiet as a an XUD derived engine can ever be) and wind noise was louder, I still could hear the stereo fine at VMAX.