Absolute horse shit™ The official thread of Railton Heavy Industries Limited and it's subsidiaries.

Heidel_Kakao

36 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

@TalbotUncharacteristic silence from you chap..... You are usually so verbose.

I would actually appreciate an answer to my question if you don't mind. I won't do a @BorniteIdentityand insist you do it in the thread though, I  would be satisfied with a PM.

Vehicle chat only please

• Heidel_Kakao changed the title to Absolute horse shit™ (Vehicle chat only please(I do reserve the right to break this request))
1 hour ago, mercedade said:

Concern  =/=  "doubt"

I am concerned my friend is struggling with alcohol. I don't doubt his ability to polish off a bottle of JD and still have a job in the morning.

I can relate to this post as both my late father and brother were functional alcoholics. My father drank vodka like it was water but never took a sick day from work in his life, sadly they both succumbed to the disease eventually 😔

1 hour ago, DoctorRetro said:

Going back to Forklifts, this is the beast I used to drive...

images (1).jpeg

Did it have a stereo? I am guessing not. Is there any rule that says you can't install car audio equipment on a forklift? Got to have those banging choons while you work.

I've heard it said that you're no fucker if your Alvis Stalwart isn't powered by a couple of ecologically sound and 'fast as fuck'© waterjets.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/ramco/catalogue-id-ramco-10295/lot-a218576c-3f3a-459c-a32f-ad4700e6727f

spacer.png

spacer.png

I just realised if I had never said I was starting a business this thread with probably have remained fine. It only started going sideways once the business was mentioned.

I should have just built the business in the background and then launched it by surprise to great fanfare. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

But I guess I thought naively perhaps that you would all support the business idea and give me helpful tips and advice which some of you already have and very grateful I am for it too.

I know it's a cliche but I honestly think the Autoshite of old would have been different. Not to brag but I am one of the first 100 members of this forum. I met the mythical founders at Retro Rides show 2006 (I lied about never using another forum) when they were handing out business cards to promote Autoshite, I have been here 15 years, never left, never flounced. I consider virtually all of the people I have met via this forum to be good friends. It literally has changed my life.

Would I have got Cedric without this forum? No someone spotted him in the ebay tat thread. I literally wouldn't have a car that I can't really describe in words how much love I have for 💓 without this forum.

So it really saddens  me that this thread is in the state it is currently in . It nearly sparked a modgate for fucks sake!

Anyway peace out people. I still love you.

1 hour ago, Sheefag said:

I've heard it said that you're no fucker if your Alvis Stalwart isn't powered by a couple of ecologically sound and 'fast as fuck'© waterjets.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/ramco/catalogue-id-ramco-10295/lot-a218576c-3f3a-459c-a32f-ad4700e6727f

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was actually already pondering how much water jet propulsion units have advanced in the last 50 years.  Thanks for that link dude, they look sexy 😉

1 hour ago, Sheefag said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wouldn't you need hydrofoils though to take advantage of these? It'd be a bit like Largos boat in Thunderball.

https://www.healthline.com/health/bipolar-disorder/famous-creative-people#is-there-a-link

If anyone feels like knowing more about my mental health disorder please click the above link. 

You know why I didn't give a fuck when some concerned citizen reported me to the police because of my guns? Because it already happened in 2018 when I was manic at work one day and my cunt of a manager reported me to police and they permanently confiscated my guns 😞 I had just purchased a mint condition Lee Enfield No 4 MK2, blonde wood, 1954 post war Fazakerley production rifle. I never even shot it 😞 I had 100 rounds of .303 British all ready to go. I still regret it to this day.

36 minutes ago, Cookiesouwest said:

Can anyone explain why Stollys don't work well on road?

Simply because they don't have differentials between the wheels on one side and the wheels on the other, so when you turn the wheels are all forced to still continue all at exactly the same speed. It's not a problem off road as the lower grip means the wheels just scrub in turns. On tarmac however with it's higher level of adhesion the tyres can't scrub. So the transmission winds itself up into knots effectively and shortly after you hear expensive breaking sounds.

14 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

https://www.healthline.com/health/bipolar-disorder/famous-creative-people#is-there-a-link

If anyone feels like knowing more about my mental health disorder please click the above link. 

You know why I didn't give a fuck when some concerned citizen reported me to the police because of my guns? Because it already happened in 2018 when I was manic at work one day and my cunt of a manager reported me to police and they permanently confiscated my guns 😞 I had just purchased a mint condition Lee Enfield No 4 MK2, blonde wood, 1954 post war Fazakerley production rifle. I never even shot it 😞 I had 100 rounds of .303 British all ready to go. I still regret it to this day.

I keep saying this, get yourself a sword mate. Princess Anne had a big, fuck off Scimitar and nobody ever gave her any shit.

Simply because they don't have differentials between the wheels on side and the wheels on the other, so when you turn the wheels are all forced to still continue all at exactly the same speed. It's not a problem off road as the lower grip means the wheels just scrub in turns. On tarmac however with it's higher level of adhesion the tyres can't scrub. So the transmission winds itself up into knots effectively and shortly after you hear expensive breaking sounds.
The Oshkosh MTVR I believe uses switchable differentials. I'm sure it would be possible to re-engineer the Stalwart to take advantage of something similar.

I mean it would be horrifically expensive to engineer properly, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a market in the middle east for a resto modded Stalwart, although I'm not sure what it's USP would be - those lads probably already own an OshKosh or three, and a few of those six wheeler G wagon jobs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Simply because they don't have differentials between the wheels on one side and the wheels on the other, so when you turn the wheels are all forced to still continue all at exactly the same speed. It's not a problem off road as the lower grip means the wheels just scrub in turns. On tarmac however with it's higher level of adhesion the tyres can't scrub. So the transmission winds itself up into knots effectively and shortly after you hear expensive breaking sounds.

I don't think that's correct. The Stalwart does have a centre diff that does allow a bit of slip between left and right sides (I thought). The issue is that there's no diff between the front, middle and rear wheels on each side, and so turning corners on surfaces which don't allow a degree of wheelspin (eg tarmac) results in windup between the front/middle/rear wheels on one side, as the front wheels describe a bigger circle than the ones at the rear.