Absolute horse shit™ The official thread of Railton Heavy Industries Limited and it's subsidiaries.

Heidel_Kakao

8 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

I have no idea how to tag you in this. But im on my PC now so here it is.

Now lives in America. And has changed considerably by the new owner.

ambulance1.jpg.ecbe5a256ea44a160070cac57cf1139b.jpg

It now looks like this.... He uses it a lot esecially in winter.

69382470_10157150373536391_3828756408564711424_n.thumb.jpg.f04e95cd0493c8c3815a75b0d62d0daf.jpg

Nice winch added there by the latest owner :) I sometimes find it hard to believe that so far I have never owned a product of the green oval considering the fact my father worked for them for over 25 years. Or maybe the fact I was exposed to them for years (first car I ever drove was a MK1 Discovery) just means I don't feel the need to buy one. 

4 minutes ago, Mally said:

Excuse me, but my tap's been leaking for ages, and all my photos are upside down.

Please come back and help.

I can help with the tap but your photos will need Paul's expert* attention. 

6 minutes ago, djoptix said:

I can help with the tap but your photos will need Paul's expert* attention. 

Thanks, I can do my own tap and it seems

Ben

Is in charge of photos. But I still want Paul to come back.

It the tales I miss most of all.

I quite got ben much of the time, but others didn't.

8 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

what category "licence"* do you have H-K

(former Itssar instructor asking)

*certificate not a licence

Counter balance, and yeah the number of job adverts that ask for a forklift "licence" when such a thing doesn't exist is hilarious.

4 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

i'm guessing B1?

Think so, don't have it to hand. I did my training in September 2020 on a Stihl RX-50 at Dudley College Of Technology.

download.jpeg.09e55682a3998bb09db3683165031e90.jpeg

On the actual machine in the background here, it didn't appear to have been too badly affected by meeting Bojo haha.

9 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

so although you used a electric truck you are still covered for gas/diesel & if no restrictions are mentioned you can work to a height of 3 metres or more

Excellent, I would prefer gas/diesel over an electric jobbie. I mean I am a petrol head after all :)

spacer.png

A Nissan one would be amazing, then I could get a photo of it with Cedric.

21 hours ago, Talbot said:

One which will almost certainly be not valid.  Fork-lift certification is *incredibly* specific to the type of fork lift being used, the drive type, the physical arrangement, the weight of lift, the height of lift etc.etc.  It would be an astonishing co-incidence if the cert you already have covered you for what you now apparently want to do. (B1 Counterbalance, astonishing co-incidence achieved as that is all I will need currently)

Same is true for crane operations, be they cable operated, hydraulic, static, mobile etc.  Just because you've cocked about with some other hydraulic bit of kit at some point in your past absolutely does not qualify you to be able to use any other bit of lifting equipment.  The regs in this area are remarkably strict and very easy to fall foul of.

This sounds *exactly* like that utter shit from a few pages back where apparently you're "experienced at driving on two wheels" because you were driving like a complete cock when 19 and managed to very nearly crash whatever it was you were driving.

Driving like a complete prick <> trained and skilled stunt driver. (What is stunt driving but driving like a dangerous prick in a controlled environment)

Having a fork-lift licence for some obscure piece of kit a while ago <> licenced for any fork lift. (Scroll up and see the actual Stihl RX-50 I trained on, hardly obscure and it was in September last year and mate it's called a certificate not a licence, are you really as knowledgeable as you claim to be?)

Used a bit of hydraulic equipment in the past <> certified to operate overhead lifting equipment. (Once you have used one crane you have used them all :))

Registering a limited company with companies house <> I am a CEO. (Well I can call myself CEO if I want..... It feels cool to be honest)

You're sending off an awful lot of very serious danger signals here. (You like memes it seems, the one below seemed appropriate)

spacer.png 

If *any* of this starts to actually happen (which I severely doubt, but that's another matter) I suspect you're going to end up on the nasty end of an investigation by the HSE (something I actually DO have experience of, again, different matter) and they will absolutely crucify you.  I just hope no-one dies in the process. (Don't we all hope that no-one dies? I personally want to live for ever like Highlander)

I do have one question for you Talbot (sorry I forgot your real name as I generally don't retain useless information) if and I understand it's a big if in your opinion, if I achieve all the things you believe I am incapable of..... If that happens will you admit you were wrong to doubt me? Or will you just slink off with your tail between your legs suitably chastened? I have my suspicions as to which is more likely but I guess we will all find out in time.

4 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

I did my 12 ton forklift training when I were at the concrete factory. We had a smaller 6 ton hyster with a v6 on gas. 3 forward gears and a clutch! That was a work of art to drive and it sounded ace! 

That does sound like an absolute beast 😀 What speed did it top out at?

I do have one question for you Talbot (sorry I forgot your real name as I generally don't retain useless information) if and I understand it's a big if in your opinion, if I achieve all the things you believe I am incapable of..... If that happens will you admit you were wrong to doubt me? Or will you just slink off with your tail between your legs suitably chastened? I have my suspicions as to which is more likely but I guess we will all find out in time.
The point I think people including Talbot have been trying to make, is that it does not matter one jot what some idiots on a car forum think.

It does matter what say the HSE think and obviously your excellent detailed business plan will have taken into account, for example, that the industry code of practice suggests that FLT drivers have refresher training every 3-5 years and a company whose driver did their licence years ago then bought an untested truck off eBay would be likely to be found liable for any accidents as they had not put adequate controls/assessments on their use of said shonk truck off eBay by said driver.

https://www.euro1training.com/news/forklift-certification-renewing/

I'm sure that this is boring, inane, or negative and obviously something that you have definitely planned for already, it's just the way you post and take on feedback suggests that you actually haven't and are retrospectively claiming you knew it all.

I did a counterbalance FLT test a good 15 years ago and while for sure I could probably still drive one, I would not be considered a safe/competent operator by the authorities and that's who you need to impress, not us.

1 hour ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

That does sound like an absolute beast 😀 What speed did it top out at?

No idea. The yard wasn’t overly safe ground to floor it, but the slight stretch of concrete yard we had I recon a good sprinting/running speed was achieved. 1st gear was missing though, so 2nd 3rd and reverse was all it had. Clutch failed a few times, no wonder. 

it was similar to this, only looked about 5 years newer. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164672659775

4.2 GM V6 😁

mmmmmm more like this one 

5BE0036B-6827-4F93-A667-12877375CC0A.thumb.png.d5d8fed6ff77112cb8f76ec07f9f7d6d.png

1 hour ago, Dave_Q said:

It does matter what say the HSE think and obviously your excellent detailed business plan will have taken into account, for example, that the industry code of practice suggests that FLT drivers have refresher training every 3-5 years and a company whose driver did their licence years ago then bought an untested truck off eBay would be likely to be found liable for any accidents as they had not put adequate controls/assessments on their use of said shonk truck off eBay by said driver.

TBF Dave he has said he did the course in September 2020.

1 hour ago, Mally said:

TBF Dave he has said he did the course in September 2020.

Yes and I will be getting any FLT I purchase fully serviced by a competent professional. Also I was actually a Health and Safety officer for PCS union while I was at Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. 

Maybe I should just post up a copy of my curriculum vitae for your perusal? Thing is though how do you know it's genuine?

download.jpeg.1eb41b79e1a7bed1729a2a6d040cf56a.jpeg

A bunch of you probably think I am closely related to the chap above.

I must ask what FLT course they do at work - the lads are zipping around on diesel jobbies but dont imagine they will be very weighty as they only shift containers of rubbish about or laundry on them.

Not that its open to the likes of me though. Im too good to be on a FLT.

4 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

I must ask what FLT course they do at work - the lads are zipping around on diesel jobbies but dont imagine they will be very weighty as they only shift containers of rubbish about or laundry on them.

Not that its open to the likes of me though. Im too good to be on a FLT.

Too good how? FLT's are bloody good fun! I know people with excellent degrees that prefer driving a forklift over some "decent" job.

Shenmue3Forklift.thumb.png.b67c4c7ea700c61a840174fad56aef8d.png

Shenmue on the Sega Dreamcast is what made me want to learn to drive one.

https://shenmue.fandom.com/wiki/Forklift#:~:text=A forklift (フォークリフト Fōkurifuto) is,moves crates to the warehouses.

4 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Too good how? 

Because Im not serving four years to life.

I just go in, potter about a bit, occasionally shove my finger up someones bum then go home again at the end of the day.

They dont let me play with anything fun.

Just now, UltraWomble said:

Because Im not serving four years to life.

I just go in, potter about a bit, occasionally shove my finger up someones bum then go home again at the end of the day.

They dont let me play with anything fun.

Well I hope you are at least being paid a decent wage otherwise no offence but I would be personally looking for more fulfilling employment, or even try self employment. I am enjoying it very much so far 😀

18 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

download.jpeg.1eb41b79e1a7bed1729a2a6d040cf56a.jpeg

A bunch of you probably think I am closely related to the chap above.

I see you as a bit like myself.

Daft but not stupid.

For all I know you may have won a Million on the Lottery.  Up to you how you live your life.

I'm enjoying the topic, which is all that matters to me.

53 minutes ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

without sounding like the I AM at the height of my "stardom" i had categories: A3, B1. D1, F1 & P1 🤪

as an instructor we were doing courses on B1 counterbalance & D1 reach and had to test each other at instuctor level i.e half the time limit & half the fail points total!😵

Impressive 😀I passed the test on my first attempt with exactly the same score as on my practice run. I didn't even pass my car driving test first go haha.

I cannot recommend anything but if you are a adult then you make your own decisions AND take responsibility for those decisions, like getting an ex-military vehicle  and doing stuff with it  - at some point (in my personal opinion) it's not too important if you are in possession of the correctly authorised paperwork as a scrap of paper does not make you competent nor safe.  Trying to escape an approaching storm whilst carrying explosives off road in a 6x6 camper for instance unfortunately using an expired driving licence.

I can suggest NOT watching Eastenders (other enders are available).

KY-005.thumb.JPG.91305279b7accaddb4932b66b00e2197.JPG

KY-Storm6.thumb.JPG.e0eb0de5eb863913de60c657abc4a724.JPG

KY-Bloke2.thumb.JPG.41575bea9ffe577218526bcb486aca8b.JPG

9 minutes ago, castros_bro said:

Trying to escape an approaching storm whilst carrying explosives off road in a 6x6 camper for instance unfortunately using an expired driving licence.

Now that sounds like a story worth hearing!!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorcerer_(film)

Reminded me of Scorcerer in fact.