Absolute horse shit™ The official thread of Railton Heavy Industries Limited and it's subsidiaries.

Heidel_Kakao

bataille.jpg.fed00f44845d79525d20833890f33895.jpg

Returning to the Roadrunner and driving on two wheels, I am actually going to attempt this.

I know what you are thinking, crazy James making crazy statements again..... Well yeah but I have never said before but I actually already do have experience of driving on two wheels. My very first car was a 1983 Suzuki SJ410 (A343 FLX) and I was an aggressive 19 year old new driver in a vehicle notorious for being prone to tipping over. Sharp corners were navigated on three wheels with one of the rear tyres being a clear foot off the ground! On a few occasions I did actually drive on two wheels briefly. I never ever rolled either 😀 In fact I have never put a single vehicle on it's roof amazingly lol.

Where exactly do you intend trying to drive a Roadrunner on two wheels? Who's going to come to your aid when you inevitably tip it? Who's going to have to deal with you if you hurt yourself? Also accidentally going on to two wheels because you're driving like a dick at 19 years old does not a qualified stunt driver make.

2 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

bataille.jpg.fed00f44845d79525d20833890f33895.jpg

Returning to the Roadrunner and driving on two wheels, I am actually going to attempt this.

I know what you are thinking, crazy James making crazy statements again..... Well yeah but I have never said before but I actually already do have experience of driving on two wheels. My very first car was a 1983 Suzuki SJ410 (A343 FLX) and I was an aggressive 19 year old new driver in a vehicle notorious for being prone to tipping over. Sharp corners were navigated on three wheels with one of the rear tyres being a clear foot off the ground! On a few occasions I did actually drive on two wheels briefly. I never ever rolled either 😀 In fact I have never put a single vehicle on it's roof amazingly lol.

Notorious for tipping over when driven hard/stupidly/inappropriately by the trend-following sheep who moved on from Xr3i/Gte etc. 

One rear wheel a foot off the ground?  On a leaf spring SJ?  On the way to crashing maybe.

Nah. Stop it.

On 02/06/2021 at 12:48, Talbot said:

2c77zd.thumb.jpg.7386623e67fca5f4063a1fba7133723e.jpg

Fancy another wager? We already have a bet going on for £10 to see if I get my C license by the end of August. I am actually  more confident about being able to drive a Roadrunner on two wheels so I will put my money where my mouth is.

I bet you  Talbot that within a year (01-06-2022) I will personally drive a Leyland Roadrunner on two wheels. I am prepared to bet £1000 (one thousand pounds) on this.

Do you @Talbotaccept my wager?

12 minutes ago, Wgl2019 said:

to prove a point.

All of this seems to just be to prove a point.  "some bloke on the internet says it's not possible, therefore I absolutely must tell the entire world that I will do this thing, just to prove them wrong".

51 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

wager

Quite frankly I could not give two shits whether you attempt this or not, do it or not or indeed achieve/don't achieve anything else you seem to have your mind set on.  The only real concern is that if you do try it, I suspect it won't be under controlled conditions in a sterile environment, it'll be just you, trying it in an unmodified vehicle, on a public road.  When (not if) you completely fuck it up, I just hope you don't kill someone else in the process.

This entire thread:

thumb_what-absolute-horse-shit-when-someone-calls-hot-fuzz-shit-44324785.png.808e784f236c7d70b49f493ddfc46b63.png

On 02/06/2021 at 14:55, garethj said:

Yay!  I’ve had two Whizzkids as well as a Cappuccino (when it was almost new) and loved them all.  Small Suzukis are good fun.

Good to see one around 

Not tried a Cappuccino yet(the car not the coffee  had lots of them) but I would very much like to at some point.

Mr Railton. I assume you are talking about attempting this in controlled conditions, not on the Queens Highway. But I beg you to reconsider, as I would not like to see you injure yourself and wreck a perfectly good Roadrunner (Meep meep!). Can we gloss over all this and return to lots of exciting posts about obsolete cold war floating trucks pls?

Incidentally can you get a Stolly on three wheels?

35 minutes ago, warch said:

Mr Railton. I assume you are talking about attempting this in controlled conditions, not on the Queens Highway. But I beg you to reconsider, as I would not like to see you injure yourself and wreck a perfectly good Roadrunner (Meep meep!). Can we gloss over all this and return to lots of exciting posts about obsolete cold war floating trucks pls?

Incidentally can you get a Stolly on three wheels?

Yeah it would be done under controlled conditions on private land. I may be psychotic but I am not suicidal.

Stolly on three wheels.....Let me get back to you on that one 😀

1 hour ago, captain_70s said:

With the rate you're spending you'll not have £1000 in 6 month, especially after the cost of dredging the Stolly out of a shipping lane. 🤣

Sorry I didn't realise I had hired you as my accountant..... Are you free Friday afternoon to go over this months spending with me?

Ok I'm going to get absolutely slaughtered here but so be it.  James, are you ok? I say this with the best intentions but I do find this thread very worrying. All the vehicle buying, house selling, it just seems very out of character.  I just want to know that you're feeling well, not having a manic episode and you've thought all this through. 

Not getting into a slanging match with you and I'm not going to respond to any replies. I just want to know you are ok.

22 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Firing up the SC100 😀

Well done on managing to buy back the Whizzkid. At a glance, it looks more solid than most by the mid 1990s! When I worked at a local garage as a weekend skivvy during my mid teens, the owner's son owned one identical to yours. Black, same year and his was really clean. When he first showed me, I'd never seen or heard of them before and I've only seen a handful in the metal since. Cool little cars for sure. 

On a different note, do you have a thread on your Corrado? It's a VR isn't it? 

5 hours ago, dean36014 said:

Ok I'm going to get absolutely slaughtered here but so be it.  James, are you ok? I say this with the best intentions but I do find this thread very worrying. All the vehicle buying, house selling, it just seems very out of character.  I just want to know that you're feeling well, not having a manic episode and you've thought all this through. 

Not getting into a slanging match with you and I'm not going to respond to any replies. I just want to know you are ok.

I am fine thanks 😀 I genuinely appreciate the concern as I am sure it is heartfelt. I have a plan that I am executing, it may well seem erratic from the outside looking in but it's all perfectly mapped out.

20210602_130455.thumb.jpg.a595ada3138ebf15d2f8051af5d9ec19.jpg

20210602_125824.thumb.jpg.a482096d979dcc83e82dab06e331c3c5.jpg

I pick up my new dog Sonic on Friday morning 😀He is a three year old blue Greyhound boy.  Expect a picture of him in the Stolly at some point haha.

1 hour ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Well done on managing to buy back the Whizzkid. At a glance, it looks more solid than most by the mid 1990s! When I worked at a local garage as a weekend skivvy during my mid teens, the owner's son owned one identical to yours. Black, same year and his was really clean. When he first showed me, I'd never seen or heard of them before and I've only seen a handful in the metal since. Cool little cars for sure. 

On a different note, do you have a thread on your Corrado? It's a VR isn't it? 

Any Corrado content will appear in this thread, it will be getting a full engine rebuild and turbo. And yes it's a 1993 VR6.

1 minute ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Any Corrado content will appear in this thread, it will be getting a full engine rebuild and turbo.

Sounds interesting. I've owned two 16v Corrados, a couple of mk3 Golf VR6s, and more recently, a mk2 Golf with a 2.8 VR6 fitted. I'm still to experience a VR6 in a Corrado...

1 minute ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Sounds interesting. I've owned two 16v Corrados, a couple of mk3 Golf VR6s, and more recently, a mk2 Golf with a 2.8 VR6 fitted. I'm still to experience a VR6 in a Corrado...

It's a great bit of kit, winding it out to redline in second gear on a twisty road and then having the spoiler pop up at 60 is one of my favourite motoring experiences.