Absolute horse shit™ The official thread of Railton Heavy Industries Limited and it's subsidiaries.

Heidel_Kakao

My father once brought home in approx 1995 when I was 12 a jet black Range Rover he had borrowed from the Special Vehicle division and then proceeded to turn on the sirens and hidden blue lights. He had bought home an unmarked Police Range Rover to impress a 12 year old boy.

4 minutes ago, MJK 24 said:

I think the only flaw will be the real likelihood of the Roadrunner only achieving 15mpg!

Meh the Turbo will make it more economical, did you know that from the factory a B series Cummins makes up to 400BHP..... How fast would a Roadrunner be with 400BHP?

Need to get a top end 1988 head unit for it, it has a standard DIN sized hole.

5 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Meh the Turbo will make it more economical, did you know that from the factory a B series Cummins makes up to 400BHP..... How fast would a Roadrunner be with 400BHP?

better yet, can you imagine how fast a Dartmaster (name for the marshall refurbished Routemasters fitted with B Serise cummins) would be with 400Bhp LOL

Lucky git...

I really must get at least my C1 license at some point.

Aside from anything else - if/when we do move again in future just being able to hire something that size will make it SO much less bloody hassle.  Would really like to go right through and get the category D as well, but that costs a small bloody fortune.  Plus to be honest I'd not even want to try the test down here...That's definitely something I'd be going back north of the border for!

Yo, what a buy.

FYI there are quite a lot of differences between a 6B and a 6BT such that finding a turbo lump to drop in is considered easier. The compression ratio is different, possibly the cam and there are piston cooling oil jets on the turbo version.

I do work for Cummins (turbos not engines) but actually most of my intel comes from a group on Facebook called the Cummins Land Rover Group, you can guess what they are about but there are some very knowledgeable guys on there including a few who worked on development of the 6B.

You do occasionally get a whole 6BT or a fucked lorry chassis with one in about the 500 mark and this is probably better VALU than trying to turbo the 6B. Avoid American sites about tuning them as they tend to talk total arse. Find a 180 engine with the VE pump and give it a minor screwdriver tune a la XUD and you'll be laughing.

Still though, what a fucking winner you are buying a lorry, I'm not going to be able to un-doff my cap for ages after this.

5 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Screenshot_20210508-092301_eBay.thumb.jpg.c0fbe5b2bb78bb4935e7d18a8cbddaec.jpg

So a week after driving my van for the first time I have gone one better and arranged to buy this Leyland Roadrunner for £800 😀

The number plate says lorry lol. F392 LRY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leyland-DAF-Roadrunner-Horsebox-Wagon-Lorry-/254959172986?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Screenshot_20210503-112428_eBay.thumb.jpg.722a4f062d923d98e7ae73ea5c2e9494.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-112425_eBay.thumb.jpg.f573e2f3fad7bdbb72ae75ed6db543c4.jpg

It's powered currently by a non turbo Cummins B series engine but we may have to sort him out some forced induction at some point.

You may well be wondering why I have bought a truck and specifically a Roadrunner.... well it's because of the adverts below!

If that isn't a good enough reason to buy a truck I don't know what is haha.

Wow. That escalated quickly

• Heidel_Kakao changed the title to H_K's kar(z), truck & van wot iz knot est8s. Now with 7.5 Tonne truck!!!!

Screenshot_20210508-234535_Chrome.thumb.jpg.60a86c7cb0fea21e12e4bc78609fd5ee.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-001021_Chrome.thumb.jpg.65b4e83bd68b9b50f199b941a72715a7.jpg

I just Googled Gilbert Bataille and he was the same dude who drove the truck on two wheels in License to Kill which is literally my favourite Bond film.

He also worked on Ronin!

This is so cool!

Screenshot_20210508-205914_Messenger.thumb.jpg.a979be79a6f06916cac2413ee925a643.jpg

What about painting it in full T45 team livery?

https://www.aronline.co.uk/commercials/light-commercials/the-trucks-leyland-roadrunner-leyland-daf-45-1984-to-1993/

did many thousands of miles in a slightly later Leyland DAF 45 150 turbo...could Tokyo drift it round islands, and had great fun* chasing an Orion through the back lanes near RAF Wattisham after he nearly killed me...Would max out the Tacho, and keep going!!

Mine was a 25foot flat back sleeper cab and managed 22Mpg empty loaded was around the 15Mpg mark..

Change the seats as the standards are terrible after a while..

20 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

That's some outstanding lorry shite, I haven't seen a Roadrunner for years. It'd look very at home in the Field of Dreams don't you think?

Yea isn't the floor in the storage_caravan a bit missing these days? 

We had a lot of these at my last (final - hooray) job.  Very usefull, well thought of and made a proper truck noise but I wasn’t allowed  a drive because they were  4wd and auto which made them 8 tonners. 

https://www.aronline.co.uk/commercials/light-commercials/the-trucks-leyland-roadrunner-leyland-daf-45-1984-to-1993/

17 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

Great news, one step closer to SHITECEPTION:

image.png.c647d4749cb41c074aded2d1f1702beb.png

That is genius, you know I have to make that a reality now. I am already thinking of driving to Wales in it with my bike, my mates and his girlfriends, I have a Van Van obviously, he has a no name Chinese cruiser and she has a Yamaha R125 which is pretty cool, she is aged 21 and has already decided her first big bike will be an R6.

20MPG running on veg should be pretty economical too.

50 minutes ago, gadgetgricey said:

Certain I have a Kenwood Stereo in the garage. If its got the loom at the back more than happy to donate, (Happy to donate either way, just be sodding pointless without the loom)

That would be awesome dude, any donations for project Roadrunner will be gratefully received. Drop me a PM please if it has the loom, or even if not as you can normally get replacement one's of ebay for £5 or so.