Jump to content

Absolute horse shit™ The official thread of Railton Heavy Industries Limited and it's subsidiaries.


Heidel_Kakao

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, St.Jude said:

Did it fail that badly you refuse to acknowledge it's existence?

Is that the garage with the old boys who said they ran the Krays out of Brum?

Don't know about the Krays..... it failed on blowing exhaust, rear brake imbalance and headlamp aim because of mismatched units. I will be fixing it obviously 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Don't know about the Krays..... it failed on blowing exhaust, rear brake imbalance and headlamp aim because of mismatched units. I will be fixing it obviously 😀

There's a garage - I'll find out from a mate - and it's owned by a pair of brothers who told the Krays where to go during the 60's as they wanted to expand in to Birmingham.

Only people the Krays were afraid of, apparently. But I've seen two Krays films now and neither have mentioned it 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Agila said:

Eddie Fewtrell. He had 7 brothers and owned nightclubs.

Doesn't make good reading for the Krays that's why it's not in any films etc.

That's the one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

20210801_153637.thumb.jpg.58c39593672f51deafd9fb520e995af1.jpg

I gave the interior a good clean today and it came up okay, just need a new horn and it's ready for an MOT. 

Oddly enough I found Aldi's own brand wet wipes great for cleaning dash boards in Trucks....smell nice too!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 5:12 PM, Agila said:

Eddie Fewtrell. He had 7 brothers and owned nightclubs.

Doesn't make good reading for the Krays that's why it's not in any films etc.

Why do crooks and nightclubs seem to be synonymous?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nightclubs have lots of scope for money laundering, facilitate easy access to alcohol, drugs and women, and also have an aspect of ‘glamour’. Well some do! 

I’m sure in the 1960s/70s you could put one-arm bandits in them as well. All proper gangsters in that era had lots of dodgy bandit machines on the go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 4:13 PM, St.Jude said:

There's a garage - I'll find out from a mate - and it's owned by a pair of brothers who told the Krays where to go during the 60's as they wanted to expand in to Birmingham.

Only people the Krays were afraid of, apparently. But I've seen two Krays films now and neither have mentioned it 😂

I wonder if it's like the Quality Street Gang's showdown with the Krays at Manchester Piccadilly when they arrived on the London train?

Some ex-Kray associates claim it never happened because they drove everywhere & weren't really bothered at expanding outside of London.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Richard_FM said:

I wonder if it's like the Quality Street Gang's showdown with the Krays at Manchester Piccadilly when they arrived on the London train?

Some ex-Kray associates claim it never happened because they drove everywhere & weren't really bothered at expanding outside of London.

I heard exactly the same story about Newcastle, 'met off the train and told to go straight back...'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 5:12 PM, Agila said:

Eddie Fewtrell. He had 7 brothers and owned nightclubs.

Doesn't make good reading for the Krays that's why it's not in any films etc.

Had to carry out an Internet Search:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-35807052

V. Interesting; I'll watch this later. Chilling with Miles Davis's finest at the moment... 😎

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-king-clubs-eddie-fewtrell-18576493

Edited by Leyland Worldmaster
Link added.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

I wonder if it's like the Quality Street Gang's showdown with the Krays at Manchester Piccadilly when they arrived on the London train?

Some ex-Kray associates claim it never happened because they drove everywhere & weren't really bothered at expanding outside of London.

I think there's some truth to it. I mean, none of the Kray's are going to admit they wet themselves when they tried to expand. And why wouldn't you expand? Barbara Windsor went through a load of bras, so she wouldn't have been cheap to dress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cookiesouwest said:

If you had said there were 10 in the convoy, I might have believed that they were Heidel's next purchase, being delivered.

But he would never bother with a mere 8.

Now now, be nice! I like Heidels enthusiasm but he does scare me slightly. I cannot deny that the thread is enjoyable though. As well as the Stolly's I am a big fan of the suzuki. I remember reading about them in a car magazine. Love the styling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought you lot knew your military vehicles? Was my photo of vehicles that are too new? I think the design dates from the 1960's but I suppose armoured troop carriers don't need to change that much... It has 3 crew and can carry 7 soldiers with enough storage to last them 48 hours.

I passed a nice army lorry with crane too, which I think Heidel would like...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CRVT's I think they're called now... we used to carry them to and from shotblasting.. Telford to Tipton, and back...

also used to see the aftermath of IED's on them too....Nasty what a couple of pounds of fertiliser does to them and the occupants!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, stripped fred said:

Now now, be nice! I like Heidels enthusiasm but he does scare me slightly. I cannot deny that the thread is enjoyable though. As well as the Stolly's I am a big fan of the suzuki. I remember reading about them in a car magazine. Love the styling.

I was being nice. Not being critical of Heidel in any way. I love his thread and enthusiasm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is how they do it in Russia, today...

image.png.cbaa982c6ecdaa63c096969d2298bbe3.png

SHERP Max 4x4 Amphibious Vehicle. You can drive the SHERP continuously for 115 Hours (almost 5 days) without refuelling it; ideal for invading Ynys Môn

image.png.2931e2ef1476a160c5949256ee6ac6d7.png

The TRECOL 6x6 Amphibian, or the -

image.png.bb128233b49bc68cb66ad505f6fd4f1c.png

The AVTOROS Shaman 8x8 Amphibian. And then there's the -

image.thumb.png.09f847bffd9a6ed24bb13783d7953810.png

Burlak BTR-60.

These are all in current production so you'll have to wait a few decades before they appear in the army surplus shops of Murmansk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 1:53 PM, Heidel_Kakao said:

Fancy another wager? We already have a bet going on for £10 to see if I get my C license by the end of August. I am actually  more confident about being able to drive a Roadrunner on two wheels so I will put my money where my mouth is.

Just been catching up on many pages of this thread. Interesting and terrifying in equal measure!

Did the C license get achieved in the end then? How did the roadrunner fare at its MOT and did it survive the stunt driving?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...