Absolute horse shit™ The official thread of Railton Heavy Industries Limited and it's subsidiaries.

Heidel_Kakao

12 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I appreciate everyone’s busy, but not so busy that one of my posts couldn’t be deleted within 30 minutes in the middle of the afternoon. 

So once again I’ll ask @Mrs6C @brownnova @chaseracerand other moderators why my contribution was deleted? It broke no rules or guidelines. I had no message. Even the thread author had no idea what happened. 

Come on guys. Full disclosure. If you’re going to operate with no mandate, at least do it in a vaguely transparent and kosher way? 

I’ll watch this thread, not my messages, for a reply. I think after years of membership and countless donations I deserve that. 

Ta. 

Right.  Guess nobody wants to answer that question then, despite me asking it nicely.

For those wondering, my post said "Why stop at three" (Stollies).  The OP clearly has money on the hip, wants to run a business and I suggested that he use his money to purchase more.  There was nothing more to my post than that.  (If anyone wishes to claim otherwise, please bear in mind there's a screenshot of my original post)

It would seem that I'm now quietly on pre-mod, without anyone actually having the courtesy or courage to tell me so.  If I'm not welcome here any more, I'd appreciate just being told - rather than having an undemocratically elected anonymous figure decide what the internet can see and what it can't.

What a sorry muddle we've become.

2 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Dan, you're not on pre-mod.  

A decision was made by a mod in good faith, which should on reflection have been followed up with you.  That decision has been reviewed and reversed.

Should have been a pm explaining why at the time it was 'moderated'. Takes a minute and is the least that should be done.

Reviewed and reversed? I'd have hoped after the shambles that was Dave/Modgate/personal vendettas/'glitches' that this sort of shite was long gone.

It's becoming a bit like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Or a Alvis Stalwart Mk2. Or a gaggle of them.

I've met a few of the mods, and they're lovely people in person. I'd even go as far as to call them friends.

I don't like to get involved, however.

The recent actions of whoever deleted a completely innocuous post from a long-standing and trusted member are frankly unacceptable. It's not just the deletion of the post, it's the complete lack of transparency. Why not send the member who had their post deleted a quick PM at the same time?

What broke down in the moderation process?

Step back and have a long look at yourselves and your processes before more of us start voting with our feet, please.

That was more or less the argument in modgate 1.0 and absolutely nothing changed, some people did vote with their feet but I have very, very rarely seen a post in a thread stating what/why moderation has happened. 
Maybe it happens in PM but I would guess not.

It would really help reduce ill feeling if it was consistently applied though:
"post deleted - member used a bad word"
"post deleted - politics, no not that politics, that politics is OK, the bad politics"
"thread tidied up to remove explicit pictures of animal genitalia"
Etc, etc. 

14 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

I won't be answering any questions regarding my business plan or finances as that is sensitive commercial information. Not ignoring you guys just thought I would clarify 😀

Fair enough. I hope that you are getting professional advice though as, although it can be expensive, an early review can save far, far more than it costs. Their experience can be priceless at times.

There's good reasons why CEOs regularly call in PWC et.al..

1 hour ago, Dead_E23 said:

This looks like a pretty useful thing to have if you're working on big vehicles.  I bet it would be well useful for lifting stuff like toolboxes and oildrums level with the load bed, and you could use it as a mobile platform when working around the outside of the vehicle.

spacer.png

Not bad but I want an off road fork lift truck or a telehandler.

2 hours ago, chadders said:

Fair enough. I hope that you are getting professional advice though as, although it can be expensive, an early review can save far, far more than it costs. Their experience can be priceless at times.

There's good reasons why CEOs regularly call in PWC et.al..

Yes I will be getting professional advice as and when needed. Handily I worked for HMRC for over a decade and part of my job involved processing tax returns so I am very familiar with that side of things.

On 6/17/2021 at 12:51 PM, BorniteIdentity said:

Why stop at three?

To be honest - If I were you I'd be trying to buy up every one of them.  Not only those on the open market, but by writing (with my credentials) to other private owners.  You've clearly got the means and the wherewithal, so personally I'd be ramping up efforts to get half a dozen sooner rather than later.

You could look at a few tanks too and maybe do red letter day experiences?

I’d like to report this post. Can’t believe the mods can’t read between the lines and see it for the Soros-licking vaccine hoax that it clearly is. WAKE UP SHEEPLE. 

5 hours ago, red5 said:

Should have been a pm explaining why at the time it was 'moderated'. Takes a minute and is the least that should be done.

Reviewed and reversed? I'd have hoped after the shambles that was Dave/Modgate/personal vendettas/'glitches' that this sort of shite was long gone.

It's becoming a bit like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Or a Alvis Stalwart Mk2. Or a gaggle of them.

This is how mods intervene on railforums, completely transparently: they edit posts in red and labelled 'mod note'. If such a note appears then a PM is sent to the poster too. I think something like this would go down well here?

image.png.ca346e1cafe186c86f7b6d75f05fc0bf.pngimage.thumb.png.5302af76573ad32e79fd9c03211a3f1d.png

38 minutes ago, DodgeRover said:

Never mind a third Stolly, what about buying yourself a bit of woodland with River access to use the thing in?

If you bought somewhere with an old quarry or similar you could build a large barn for restoring them in.

https://en.arkadia.com/ca-t253296/

50 hectares11-6359737-2275454804605319392.jpg.d3b2aa8fdc06583ee61c93929e2ca1da.jpg

half a mill. Bargain.

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I don't get the modern obsession with everyone having to apologise for everything all the time.  Bornite didn't ask for an apology, he asked for an explanation, and he's now received one.  Somewhat belatedly admittedly.

Modern obsesion where have you been living as  im pretty sure its a rather ancient way of doing things isnt it.     I'm sorry that I am old fashioned and was brought up to admit when I've made a mistake by way of a simple sorry.   Amazing how a simple 5 letter word can make such a difference,

20 minutes ago, ChinaTom said:

half a mill. Bargain.

Is it, though?  £10k a hectare doesn't strike me as particularly cheap for what appears to be quite a rural area. Bet you could haggle that down to 'swap for X-box' levels if you were covered in Russian prison tattoos.

Bet it would be brilliant as a place to do dangerous things and make things explode like they do on the Kreosan YouTube channel though.