Absolute horse shit™ The official thread of Railton Heavy Industries Limited and it's subsidiaries.

Heidel_Kakao

@Heidel_Kakao  hopefully this does not come across wrong

but perhaps I may recommend taking a bit of a break from the Virtual FoD calls that are held every Tuesday

because I noticed that things where generally fine when you are here on this thread/on the forum itself, but that it all went a bit side ways when you showed up on the Zoom call

and I wonder if thats because when you type something out in text, your able to see what your typing and give it more thought before you make it public if that makes sense, where as if your holding a live conversation its very easy to just say what the first thing that comes to mind 

so for the sake of stopping things going further sideways perhaps its best you take a bit of a break from the FoD calls if you dont mind me saying so?

(and perhaps you could use the time to plan some more on getting the Stolly sorted :)

dont get me wrong I very much like the Roadrunner and the Stalwart, but we do care about you and we dont want to see you get burnt by all of this!

so please just think things through carefully and try not to burn the relations that you have on this forum

I would personally recommend you draw the line at the Road Runner and stalwart, get your C licence, and just get those 2 vehicles road worthy etc, then once you do that and have a feel for things how are when dealing with such vehicles and know how your remaining balance is

then I would go from there with regards to getting other big toys as others mentioned you dont want to spread yourself too thin,

and if the Stalwart is already done and dusted by the time you get your next project that would probably make life a bit easier, as you will have already pushed that bolder up the hill so to speak and then you only have to keep periodically making sure it does not roll back down again

which makes getting the next bolder up the hill much easier if you still decide you want to do that

1 hour ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

I planned and executed a collection mission of a 50 year old car, 2000 miles in one week in the depths of winter.

IMG_20180111_104904.thumb.jpg.290710ecc6dc1621d713000f5058d5d9.jpg

I even got an award for it from some obscure website called Autoshite.com.

You don't think I can plan the launch of a company?

OI000053.thumb.jpg.4b00f0a367141c0fe1c01468d3d40054.jpg

Collecting a car from mile's away is one thing, running a company is most definitely another chap, especially with little experience in the field you mentioned. Or none.

Take it however you like, but this not usual behaviour so people are concerned. AS isn't a self-help group, it's more likely to be enablers these days-I can categorically assure you that the AS that 'awarded' you back then  would have told/asked/demanded you get help,slow down or give your head a wobble. So, please do that. For your sake. 

Sam.

1 hour ago, red5 said:

Collecting a car from mile's away is one thing, running a company is most definitely another chap, especially with little experience in the field you mentioned. Or none.

Take it however you like, but this not usual behaviour so people are concerned. AS isn't a self-help group, it's more likely to be enablers these days-I can categorically assure you that the AS that 'awarded' you back then  would have told/asked/demanded you get help,slow down or give your head a wobble. So, please do that. For your sake. 

Sam.

I actually know AS isn't a self help group thanks. I do happen to have friends and family that believe in me as my support network. I am here to provide somewhat entertaining  content and not have every single one of my decisions or life choices questioned by people that in the main I don't even know. I am going to step back from Autoshite and only really post links to my YouTube videos going forward. I get better and more positive engagement with my content on Facebook and it's helping to build my business where AS isn't that effective unfortunately.

I will never quit AS, or storm off in a tantrum but yeah it's time for me to distance myself from this place for a while sadly.

Thanks to all the believers :) You know who you all are!

If you don't want your 'life choices' questioned by 'people that in the main I don't even know' then don't post that stuff on a forum, public or otherwise.

It's a car forum for the unloved - or was, once. it's not a safe space.

Eg, your name, address etc etc - as well as your mental state, diagnosis and so on. 

5 minutes ago, red5 said:

If you don't want your 'life choices' questioned by 'people that in the main I don't even know' then don't post that stuff on a forum, public or otherwise.

It's a car forum for the unloved - or was, once. it's not a safe space.

Eg, your name, address etc etc - as well as your mental state, diagnosis and so on. 

Hence the strategic withdrawal.

• Heidel_Kakao changed the title to Absolute horse shit™

I am going to make one last statement. Agree or disagree that is your prerogative..... Fundamentally I feel the reason quite a few of you think I have gone insane is that you suffer from a lack of imagination it's sad to say. I mean my Stolly only cost me £15,000, plenty of people on here own cars or multiple cars worth such an amount, yet I am the first person on this forum to have the balls of steel required to buy one. So yeah sadly I think a few of you are too jaded, too cynical and too corrupted by the system to see the potential and utter freedom, ownership of a vehicle that can go virtually anywhere affords oneself.

It’s not a lack of imagination, that’s a very narrow view to take of the comments made.  I think you know by now many of us honestly care as some of the decisions you’re taking seem to some of us erratic and not thought through. Buying a Stolly for £15k is one thing. The costs in getting it road ready/restoring/running it are another. Then you make plans like sailing it across the channel, or doing two wheeled driving in a lorry, starting your own company etc etc...

A lot of the way you’re talking seems very manic, and a lot of us are worried I think that there is a crash (physically or mentally) around the corner if the grand plans do not work out.

Maybe a lot more planning goes on behind the scenes than any of us see, and of course you’re your own person, no one can tell you how to live your life. But I’d urge you to just take a breath, one step at a time, be a bit more pragmatic and do things in a sustainable way.

Just my advice. 

13 minutes ago, brownnova said:

It’s not a lack of imagination, that’s a very narrow view to take of the comments made.  I think you know by now many of us honestly care as some of the decisions you’re taking seem to some of us erratic and not thought through. Buying a Stolly for £15k is one thing. The costs in getting it road ready/restoring/running it are another. Then you make plans like sailing it across the channel, or doing two wheeled driving in a lorry, starting your own company etc etc...

Sailing it across the channel, driving on two wheels etc are all promotional activities.

13 minutes ago, brownnova said:

A lot of the way you’re talking seems very manic, and a lot of us are worried I think that there is a crash (physically or mentally) around the corner if the grand plans do not work out.

Maybe a lot more planning goes on behind the scenes than any of us see, and of course you’re your own person, no one can tell you how to live your life. But I’d urge you to just take a breath, one step at a time, be a bit more pragmatic and do things in a sustainable way.

Just my advice. 

I see what you are trying to say but I don't operate that way. I am going to give it my best shot at full pace and we will either sink or swim (pun intended)

10 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

I see what you are trying to say but I don't operate that way. I am going to give it my best shot at full pace and we will either sink or swim (pun intended)

And that’s your choice.

I don’t think I’d be a being a good mate if I didn’t advise caution based on the information at hand. Not out of negativity, or lack of imagination , but just because I don’t want to see it unravel and end badly. I honestly hope it doesn’t,  in which case I’ll celebrate with you when it goes well. 

1 hour ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

I am going to make one last statement. Agree or disagree that is your prerogative..... Fundamentally I feel the reason quite a few of you think I have gone insane is that you suffer from a lack of imagination it's sad to say. I mean my Stolly only cost me £15,000, plenty of people on here own cars or multiple cars worth such an amount, yet I am the first person on this forum to have the balls of steel required to buy one. So yeah sadly I think a few of you are too jaded, too cynical and too corrupted by the system to see the potential and utter freedom, ownership of a vehicle that can go virtually anywhere affords oneself.

Only £15k ? plus half as much again to make it usable?

£15k worth of vehicles? probabaly - some considerably more no doubt - but they are road-legal/intended for the road. A Stalwart is a brilliant bit of kit - what it isn't, and won't ever be, is road suitable without very serious work.

You have no licence (as yet) for the vehicle which isn't road legal or the Roadrunner.

That's not a lack of imagination chap - that's you not being able to fix it, modify it, register it or drive it.

Take it as you want - you have ignored all the polite hints. I, and others, would be doing you a dis-service if we didn't speak up and advise caution etc.

Just now, red5 said:

Only £15k ? plus half as much again to make it usable?

£15k worth of vehicles? probabaly - some considerably more no doubt - but they are road-legal/intended for the road. A Stalwart is a brilliant bit of kit - what it isn't, and won't ever be, is road suitable without very serious work.

You have no licence (as yet) for the vehicle which isn't road legal or the Roadrunner.

That's not a lack of imagination chap - that's you not being able to fix it, modify it, register it or drive it.

Yawn............... Watch this space and prepare to be surprised. That's my last bespoke engagement with this thread. If you want any more specific details you will all have to ask in the YouTube comments I am afraid. Over and out.

Have interest, amusement and concern. All in equal measure.🤪

Keep truckin' on man, just bear in mind that the negative responses are coming from a kinda supporting perspective: they aren't out to get you, even if it comes across that way.

Edit: Still keep in mind the possibility of overstretching your self though.

"Absolute Horse Shit"

Is this the new spin off radio station from Absolute Radio?  They've already got Absolute 90s, Absolute 80s, Absolute 70s etc.  Bit niche for my liking but meh.

Dude.  It's really fucking hard to watch someone hit the self destruct button, especially when you know they're fundamentally a GOOD EGG.  I've been shouted at for voicing my concerns about other members before but, on the basis that one of them is no longer here, forgive me for also adding my voice to those who are worried.  

I saw you on the Zoom the other week and was genuinely worried about your state of mind.  No matter how eccentric some of us may be on this forum, your behaviour was well beyond what I'd expect from someone of sound mind.  Your recent purchasing spree, whilst none of my concern, is uncharacteristic - which is the sort of thing that triggers alarm bells.  

Now, you can - if you so wish - decide that we're all jealous mouth breathers who can't possibly comprehend that you're just a fanatical zealot when it comes to amphibious vehicles.  You'd be wrong, but that is your prerogative.  What I WOULD do though, is speak to someone independent and say "Hey - I've had a few people say this now - I can't see it but can you?".  My wife is quietly confident she can spot spells of depression in me one to three weeks before I can.  Please do this.

See you the other side, man.  Dig in.  Keep buggering on.

22 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Yeah it would be done under controlled conditions on private land. I may be psychotic but I am not suicidal.

Stolly on three wheels.....Let me get back to you on that one 😀

If you built a ramp that was robust enough for the weight of the vehicle  then surely its possible.

Although I have no idea how fast a Stolly can go, so actually might not work, if take off speed cannot be achieved.

4 hours ago, Cookiesouwest said:

If you built a ramp that was robust enough for the weight of the vehicle  then surely its possible.

Although I have no idea how fast a Stolly can go, so actually might not work, if take off speed cannot be achieved.

On 02/06/2021 at 15:50, Heidel_Kakao said:

Stolly on three wheels.....Let me get back to you on that one 😀

this might be cheating somewhat (but is probably much safer than alternative ideas!)

but could you not simply take the outer 2 wheels off one side leaving the centre wheel in place

and then on the other side just take the centre wheel off, leaving the outer 2 wheels in place

et voila a stalwart on 3 wheels LOL

4 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

this might be cheating somewhat (but is probably much safer than alternative ideas!)

but could you not simply take the outer 2 wheels off one side leaving the centre wheel in place

and then on the other side just take the centre wheel off, leaving the outer 2 wheels in place

et voila a stalwart on 3 wheels LOL

I like your outside of the box thinking 😀

OK, this is almost certainly going to get me banned but.....

You are clearly unwell and have admitted you are suffering from bi polar disorder while being in possession of firearms 

I have reported you to the police for this, I'd rather be up front with this rather than deal with the guilt if it all goes wrong.

I really hope you become well again 

46 minutes ago, Flashband said:

OK, this is almost certainly going to get me banned but.....

You are clearly unwell and have admitted you are suffering from bi polar disorder while being in possession of firearms 

I have reported you to the police for this, I'd rather be up front with this rather than deal with the guilt if it all goes wrong.

I really hope you become well again 

Oh no what a tragedy :( Do you think they will let me keep my crossbow? You don't want me to be completely defenceless do you? I happen to live in a bit of a shithole and the guns are a great comfort. Well this is assuming the fuzz actually turn up of course, they are somewhat under resourced nowadays.

20210527_150839.thumb.jpg.45b4b0a86d5a4835e3d67807376dbf57.jpg

20210527_150823.thumb.jpg.7a2602f4bb0f57683670e242a2034217.jpg

My late father's motto which he passed on to me was "He who dies with the most toys wins" My father's first job as an apprentice engineer was for Webb Mowers then based in Birmingham on Electric Avenue. I have a Webb in the greenhouse that literally has on it the very first part he sketched out as an engineer 😳
So on that note I introduce my latest toy, a Ransomes Triple blade mower, I always wanted one after seeing the local council use them as a kid 😀 Not had chance to look at it yet as been too busy with other projects but I will get it going soon.

20210509_132150.thumb.jpg.1c65e8cd19293d40ac6b70be7e3b7cf9.jpg