Absolute horse shit™ The official thread of Railton Heavy Industries Limited and it's subsidiaries.

Heidel_Kakao

22 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Any particular reason my post has been deleted?  It didn't break a single rule of the board, and yet it's gone.

Would genuinely appreciate a post (in this thread here please) explaining why.

Could it be overly woke moderation? A technical glitch?Could an unknown person be preparing to nuke your account from orbit?

I'm assuming that before you decided to start your business you did a bit of market research.

Are there many buyers out there for restored Stalwarts? What is the achievable sale price? What are the costs involved in restoration? Do you have the required suppliers/manufacturers/fabricators/etc. lined up? How many do you expect to do in a year? 

Is it meant to be a profitable business, or just a subsidised hobby? 

I have only known one person before who had an involvement with them. He was one in a consortium of owners who had one as a plaything amongst other military kit. Part of their enjoyment was the restoration and ongoing maintenance required before they could take it to play in old quarries and bend bits of the steering every time they took it out. 

Just from a financial perspective I don't think that for a business like this you can rely on single absolute values for your estimates.

I would use best/worst/most likely with an emphasis on cash flow, irrespective of whether it's a hobby or a business, as that's likely to be very lumpy given the capital nature of it.

Anyway, your accountant will no doubt explain that to you along with the tax and legal requirements etc..

5 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Any particular reason my post has been deleted?  It didn't break a single rule of the board, and yet it's gone.

Would genuinely appreciate a post (in this thread here please) explaining why.

I appreciate everyone’s busy, but not so busy that one of my posts couldn’t be deleted within 30 minutes in the middle of the afternoon. 

So once again I’ll ask @Mrs6C @brownnova @chaseracerand other moderators why my contribution was deleted? It broke no rules or guidelines. I had no message. Even the thread author had no idea what happened. 

Come on guys. Full disclosure. If you’re going to operate with no mandate, at least do it in a vaguely transparent and kosher way? 

I’ll watch this thread, not my messages, for a reply. I think after years of membership and countless donations I deserve that. 

Ta. 

3 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Man (me) starts business restoring Alvis Stalwart's and begins buying stock. Other man (Crackers) posts memes in response.

Use your words my young friend and say something of substance, I know you are capable of it 😀

To misquote Wilde. To buy one stolly may be regarded as a misfortune, two buy two looks like carelessness.

good luck with the venture!

I don't there's any argument to be made about Talbot's ability to handle the English language, which he does eloquently, often at considerable length, and, usually, in a rather oleaginous* fashion.

*I've put my big boy pants on and had to Google that word before I put it in a sentence. 

18 minutes ago, djoptix said:

Not if the tug of war is carried out in the sea...

Nice idea and one unlikely ever to have been done before but something that would have to be carried out in controlled conditions and tricky to do. Not something anyone on here would be capable of organising and doing. 

One would need a non tidal body of water and a calm day. And the rope would need to be long enough that the wake/turbulence from one vehicle wouldn't affect the other.

Now that @Heidel_Kakao owns two, does that open up the possibility of a series of petrol vs diesel Stalwart challenges?! I honestly would watch the hell out of that on Youtube...!

1 hour ago, djoptix said:

One would need a non tidal body of water and a calm day. And the rope would need to be long enough that the wake/turbulence from one vehicle wouldn't affect the other.

Now that @Heidel_Kakao owns two, does that open up the possibility of a series of petrol vs diesel Stalwart challenges?! I honestly would watch the hell out of that on Youtube...!

Yeah petrol versus diesel will be interesting. The diesel is inherently a more suitable choice for an amphibious vehicle really.