Very White Rover swapped for Very Blue Rover (what is it with blue Rovers).

purplebargeken

How low? Well if you are pandamoneum, then quite low lol.

As you will all have read, the Golf has gone to pastures afresh in Leigh-on-Sea and already has been fettled and fixerated with the aid of a big socket and a fuse. Bonus!!!

The Very White Rover has a new home in North London and I am impressed thus far :)

Yes, it is low but I have to say that it doesn't jar as much as I thought it would and the height does actually suit it.

Rovers are very nice places to sit in and this one is no exception. Lovely. Just some minor detailing to do (I always do this as part of my bonding ritual lol).

Jobs: 

Clock bulb

Bit of rust by the roof aerial

Fit CV joint

Review the ride height at some point

Some piccies will follow shortly :)

Happy to be back in such a nice Rover and it was great to finally meet Mr P  :)

I fitted some 'extraaBloo' $hite, from Halfrauds, and had alternate glimmer every month or so...

Swapped first dud OK.. 2nd dud OK.. THIRD had the female manager chuck me out with "there must be a fault on your Proton Savvy!" [& don't come back!] >> I had my receipt so they gave me the £22.

.... Got a pair of something XtraBrite, from shop on the high st = never had a problem over 7years :)

$hite.. not surprised..

TS

I've a working clock here

It's in my complete 418 GSD, which was last years my WBOD but it has rotted-out sills.  Complete car available if you want, engine gearbox sunroof everything perfect all working, mats flaps mirrors etc etc.  I was going to pick off it at my leisure and make £££ selling it off piece by piece, but it's in the way really.

Mentioned earlier here

http://autoshite.com/topic/29560-wanted-rover-200400-for-spares/?hl=wbod&do=findComment&comment=1317389

• 2 weeks later...

Well yet again the devil vomits on my duvet. Have been having major left knee, calf and foot fuckery. 

Painful, bastardly unpleasant to walk without the aid of my stick and even bloody difficult to take my shoe off without much pain. GP seen today and urgent consultant appt arranged. Looks like dropped foot. Fucking horrible.

It's hard enough driving the fucking despised i10 which is full auto. I can't get in or out of the Rover without masses of pain.

Mrs PBK is insisting that I look at getting another auto asap. 

It is with genuinely heavy heart that I am asking if anyone wants to swap the Rover for an automatic of some variety. No never than K reg please.

This is truly a beautiful, beautiful car and testament to Panda's care and attention that was lavished upon it.

This really is one of the best condition cars I have had in many years. It really is that nice.

The only issues are: slightly droopy headlining at the back of the car, hugely typical but it is present. A small bleb of rust by the base of the areal. Small amount and easily sorted. Sunroof present, replacement used (?) switch hasn't sorted it,so will need further investigation. It is lowered as we all know, but new OE ride height springs included for a not unreasonable amount if required. MOT till Dec. No reason for not passing another test as far as I can see. Three very good tyres and one that has less tread but still looks okay to me.

The car is pretty bloody nice to drive, is no major problem for the speed bumps locally and looks the bollox as it is. I really cannot reinforce how clean this car is, inside and out. 

Gutted is a bit of an understatement. 

So, any swap candidates?