Mk1 MX5: Fresh pics. £700 or swopz

Fabergé Greggs

It's the northern section of the A702 between Carronbridge (just north of Thornhill) and A74(M) junction 14. Great bit of road, would be fab in the MX-5. Video below starts not far off the A74(M) and is heading south-west towards Carronbridge.

The stretch of A713 south of Dalmellington is fun too but the visibility isn't as good and there is more (slow!) traffic than the Dalveen Pass.

I love this road, I had the S4 up there the other week (opposite direction from the vid) and it was fantastic.

Fresh pics as promised!

I investigated the coolant leak- there's a tiny tiny hole in the thermostat t piece. The vid shows it run up to temp and spitting a couple of times. I slid the hose further up the T piece and nipped up the jubilee and... no more leaks!

https://youtu.be/tU3UVmQXMP0

It really does drive well. These are so so ace, with 16 valves and DOHC laid out like a proper car should be, they just feel RIGHT. The switchgear etc feels so well put together that it's embarrassing for every other car I've ever owned. There's just the right level of minimalism to everything, apart from the paintwork, which is maximalist purple.

The dent hasn't broken any paint, and I haven't quite got round to removing the green from the lorry as any surface area that isn't purple is all good with me.

So let's recap:

It's parked up safely at the car park at work in South London.

The Good:

• Its a purple MX5.
  • 1.8 for extra MPH
  • It hasn't had the usual life that these have had- I know the previous owner and he's captain sensible.
  • Cambelt & water pump done at the start of the previous owners ownership- about 10,000 miles ago I believe.
  • Well looked after, good matching pirellis and all that.
  • Drives very very very very nicely!
  • MOT unti Nov 2018.
  • It's been the best WBOD ever- I've been all over the place including some 1000 mile trips around Scotland etc

The Bad:

• It's a purple MX5.
  • During one particularly intense moment in time, I was driving down the motorway waiting to hear about some of my Dad's medical test results.. Just when the suspense was at it's most unbearable, a Lorry sideswiped me on the motorway. Damage is superficial to one door and rear wing.
  • A little notchy when cold into 1st gear. TADTS..
  • I've noticed a very slow coolant drip from the thermostat housing, this could be a pipe or it could be the T piece that tends to corrode. Supposedly a drill and tap of the housing and you're right as rain.
  • It's had some none too subtle patches on the sills in its past.
IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1045_2.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg