HMC- AUTOSHITE 2.0

HMC

16 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Sad to see it go, but equally thank god I can stop worrying I'm going to end up letting my guard down and buying the Rolls now!

Got to say i’m really glad @Weird Car bought it as having younger people prepared to get stuck in with old cars is fantastic. And this isnt, say, an allegro, its a rolls royce silver shad! Looking forward to fun road trip / general updates!

For me this is what enjoying older cars is all about, id happily put a flamethrower to all carcoon / dehumidified air chambers. Driving is living imo.

7 minutes ago, HMC said:

Got to say i’m really glad @Weird Car bought it as having younger people prepared to get stuck in with old cars is fantastic. And this isnt, say, an allegro, its a rolls royce silver shad! Looking forward to fun road trip / general updates!

For me this is what enjoying older cars is all about, id happily put a flamethrower to all carcoon / dehumidified air chambers. Driving is living imo.

Dammit...that means I'm still not safe from it!

Agreed on everything you've said though.  I see no point in having cars if you're not going to use, enjoy and share the experience with others.

Took the shed-MGF out for a spin.

I think it might meed the attention of a hand pump I bought when I had my last mgf, and also used on 2 rover 100s i previously owned. Cos its LOW. I mean, it looks nice and low but the ride is pretty stiff. Maybe im just getting old?

Photos show the dreadful paint. But it drives a lot better than it looks, thankfully!

IMG_5714.jpeg.2edd94a5f4f50e076b2f228e30465fe2.jpeg

The “16v “ badge is none original (what isnit off?) but it feels period as when valveage was proudly displayed on the car bodywork feels a long time ago now.

IMG_5712.jpeg.7278b91a28fdaf6925279c4c94557813.jpeg

Unforgiving light- but basically all the laquer has come off the NSF wing, and it’s falling off the front bumper/shroud and the bonnet.

Im enjoying pottering about in it. When I last had one ( a long time ago) I used to try and unstick it on b roads an generally behave like an imbecile.  Eg I remember I attempted a 4 wheel drift but it ended up correcting and recorrecting snap oversteer. What an idiot. Somehow i didnt crash it.

Anyway im happy just pottering now, and to be honest with its metro underpinnings maybe this suits the car better anyway.

IMG_5716.jpeg.78ed83f839bb040aceb48b3ed1cf76c1.jpeg 

IMG_5711.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Badge is from a Citroen I think.

That does look a little excessively low, especially at the back.

Saxo VTS I believe. That and the SPORT badge from RenaultSport Clios made their way on to many vehicles in the early 00s

35 minutes ago, J-T said:

Saxo VTS I believe. That and the SPORT badge from RenaultSport Clios made their way on to many vehicles in the early 00s

That's it. Used to be on the rear quarter.  My brain was refusing to remember exactly which model it appeared on.