HMC- AUTOSHITE 2.0

HMC

9 hours ago, HMC said:

Oddly enough I’ve often been sniffing around these for a few years but most advertised are out of my comfort level on price. There needed to be a crashed  and ruined one going cheap.

Same here, must admit I find these and similar bilge like Mazda Demios quite appealing.

Can't go wrong at the price you paid either. It's been a good week for you, keep it up!

• HMC changed the title to HMC- Drunken YARIS VERSO eaten by dog not en route to Nigeria

I am out on my works Christmas meal RIGHT NOW, and unfortunately I have shown my colleagues this thread. They are now egging me on to drunkenly buy something to surpass this, despite the fact I already have a shagged Renner 19 in stock. 

I've owned a Yaris Verso for nearly 8 years now. Brilliant things - a proper swiss Army knife of a car. I won't part with it even though Toyota's rustproofing on the rear half of the floorpan and sills was dire - it's always a constant struggle to keep it tidy underneath. Even half about examples are worth more than people think - and they're Ulez exempt which is an extra bonus.

32 minutes ago, Braddon81 said:

I've owned a Yaris Verso for nearly 8 years now. Brilliant things - a proper swiss Army knife of a car. I won't part with it even though Toyota's rustproofing on the rear half of the floorpan and sills was dire - it's always a constant struggle to keep it tidy underneath. Even half about examples are worth more than people think - and they're Ulez exempt which is an extra bonus.

I’ve been out on my bike on Dartmoor today and it slots in upright without the need to take the front wheel off. I also went to the tip with an old sofa Which it also swallowed up. Being an auto it’s a bit like a little go kart. Brilliant little thing, and a nice counterpoint to the Nissan saloons I’ve got.

0B450FED-46B8-48AD-8F6F-F08AD2B403E0.thumb.jpeg.b319f3a07206ee8639d87af7ac5ca936.jpeg

7 minutes ago, HMC said:

I’ve been out on my bike on Dartmoor today and it slots in upright without the need to take the front wheel off. I also went to the tip with an old sofa Which it also swallowed up. Being an auto it’s a bit like a little go kart. Brilliant little thing, and a nice counterpoint to the Nissan saloons I’ve got.

0B450FED-46B8-48AD-8F6F-F08AD2B403E0.thumb.jpeg.b319f3a07206ee8639d87af7ac5ca936.jpeg

If anyone wants to buy the bluebird let me know, it sold on e bay about 3 weeks ago for £1500 and the buyer keeps fobbing me off about collecting it. if anyone wanted it for £1000 I’d be happy enough with that. There’s a for sale thread somewhere.

• HMC changed the title to HMC- Verso is ace/ Bluebird for sale anyone?

Fleet news- the dog chewed written off Yaris verso is actually a pretty decent an car. It’s got a brilliant heater for starters. 

Zippy little autobox, nice light controls, and despite being beaten up it has the vibe of a faithful servant that’s been very well engineered and indestructible. The plastics are cheap and not soft touch, but where you can’t see people have been very bothered to make sure it does it’s job  over and over.

Plus as it’s disposable it’s a carefree ownership experience. 

EF405001-9171-45CB-96D0-99F874D81E52.thumb.jpeg.f4e0dcacea0784ce2583e45adb348b70.jpeg

A carefree ownership experience, earlier.

• HMC changed the title to HMC- Verso- Approved by Dogs
5 minutes ago, HMC said:

Fleet news- the dog chewed written off Yaris verso is actually a pretty decent an car. It’s got a brilliant heater for starters. 

Zippy little autobox, nice light controls, and despite being beaten up it has the vibe of a faithful servant that’s been very well engineered and indestructible. The plastics are cheap and not soft touch, but where you can’t see people have been very bothered to make sure it does it’s job  over and over.

Plus as it’s disposable it’s a carefree ownership experience. 

EF405001-9171-45CB-96D0-99F874D81E52.thumb.jpeg.f4e0dcacea0784ce2583e45adb348b70.jpeg

A carefree ownership experience, earlier.

It looks like it's blushing. 

Tavi Xmas lights look nice

13 minutes ago, Jenson Velcro said:

Yes, there’s a lot to be said for running a carefree ‘an car’ that you’re not worried about.

I’m quite fussy about what the kids get up to in the maxima qx/ 300c what with their well preserved cloth/ crushed velour respectively.  

Meanwhile this yaris would not be any worse for younger people pissing/ vomiting/ insert disgraceful activity in it. Bring it on. It’s not bovvered. Its been brought back from an insurance industry imposed death and nearly ended up in Nigeria (and might still do, for a whole new chapter)

Slight thread drift but I recently bought some USSR detritus from the Ukraine. A sculpture of “Lenin in exile” that was a gift from a factory to the local wing of the communist party in 1972.

This arrived faster than a purchase I made on the same day of a 1980s Afghan war rug, from near Bristol. So Vlad arrived from a war zone faster than a shiters version of the bayeux tapestry from Somerset.

DF906AA1-98B5-4662-A890-B4D9F8B29BA4.thumb.jpeg.69fb29f63a6c4ac59d5b09b753584431.jpeg

• HMC changed the title to HMC- Lenin on tour
19 minutes ago, HMC said:

Slight thread drift but I recently bought some USSR detritus from the Ukraine. A sculpture of “Lenin in exile” that was a gift from a factory to the local wing of the communist party in 1972.

This arrived faster than a purchase I made on the same day of a 1980s Afghan war rug, from near Bristol. So Vlad arrived from a war zone faster than a shiters version of the bayeux tapestry from Somerset.

DF906AA1-98B5-4662-A890-B4D9F8B29BA4.thumb.jpeg.69fb29f63a6c4ac59d5b09b753584431.jpeg

What would our great leader make of your decadent modes of transport? Shirley you need to trade them all in for a nice* beige Lada.