HMC- AUTOSHITE 2.0

HMC

2 minutes ago, Dan_ZTT said:

Holy shit was this Glyn Johns' car??

Actual living legend, inventor of a method for recording drums that he used extensively with Led Zeppelin, engineer on Beatles recordings, and a whole lot more besides

If you watch Peter Jackson's Get Back documentary about the Beatles that came out recently you'll see him in it loads 

Yep, he’s all over the eye watering invoices from new to about 1999

9 minutes ago, Dan_ZTT said:

Holy shit was this Glyn Johns' car??

Actual living legend, inventor of a method for recording drums that he used extensively with Led Zeppelin, engineer on Beatles recordings, and a whole lot more besides

If you watch Peter Jackson's Get Back documentary about the Beatles that came out recently you'll see him in it loads 

I think you've found the next owner already @HMC 🤣

3 hours ago, HMC said:

An absolute legend in recording circles.  His method of drum recording (as pioneered on some of the Zeppelin records) has had a real resurgence in the last few years as people have re-discovered it to good effect.

Stonking buy.

EDIT: I see @Dan_ZTT has beaten me to it.  The curse of audio production nerds strikes again.

16 hours ago, HMC said:

A Record producer, first registered to the company and later the person themselves. Worked with the Rolling Stones. 

This is like saying "some priest or something, worked with some influential religious figures I believe" to describe Jesus.

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

There's a Wings red rose speedway tape on eBay for a fiver .......has the tape desk been christened yet 

Ironically the eccentric last keeper has lost the face off part of the (newish) stereo. I think I’ll look to replace it with some sort of premium mid 80s radio cassette. 

There a few drilled holes and evidence of what what presumably a car phone for our record producer between the front seats . Currently drinks storage (pictured on the way back from Tesco, it’s not a mobile drinks Cabinet, not being rock and roll enough myself)…

B7A28EDA-64D7-480A-BEB5-2F0B0DC106D3.thumb.jpeg.62ee541eff67e5d440792818fcf5bede.jpeg

1 minute ago, HMC said:

Ironically the eccentric last keeper has lost the face off part of the (newish) stereo. I think I’ll look to replace it with some sort of premium mid 80s radio cassette. 

Hopefully will be straightforward, but vaguely remember someone on here years ago, going the Bentley route and having real issues getting the audio sorted.
Loving your drinks cabinet as well.  Are the kids loving it as well. Stand them in front and change from city to country horn :) 

18 minutes ago, SiC said:

Always interesting to see the previous private plates on these types of cars. With this one:

B543HFG - Original 

B12XXX - Unassigned but was on Mercedes 300 SEL

B6RRY - presently on a Peugeot 308 Active CC E-Hdi - which is one of these things...

spacer.png

I might tap into the @LightBulbFun knowledge to see about getting the hfg reg back (it’s well documented in the history)