HMC- AUTOSHITE 2.0

HMC

16 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Sad to see it go, but equally thank god I can stop worrying I'm going to end up letting my guard down and buying the Rolls now!

Got to say i’m really glad @Weird Car bought it as having younger people prepared to get stuck in with old cars is fantastic. And this isnt, say, an allegro, its a rolls royce silver shad! Looking forward to fun road trip / general updates!

For me this is what enjoying older cars is all about, id happily put a flamethrower to all carcoon / dehumidified air chambers. Driving is living imo.

7 minutes ago, HMC said:

Got to say i’m really glad @Weird Car bought it as having younger people prepared to get stuck in with old cars is fantastic. And this isnt, say, an allegro, its a rolls royce silver shad! Looking forward to fun road trip / general updates!

For me this is what enjoying older cars is all about, id happily put a flamethrower to all carcoon / dehumidified air chambers. Driving is living imo.

Dammit...that means I'm still not safe from it!

Agreed on everything you've said though.  I see no point in having cars if you're not going to use, enjoy and share the experience with others.

Took the shed-MGF out for a spin.

I think it might meed the attention of a hand pump I bought when I had my last mgf, and also used on 2 rover 100s i previously owned. Cos its LOW. I mean, it looks nice and low but the ride is pretty stiff. Maybe im just getting old?

Photos show the dreadful paint. But it drives a lot better than it looks, thankfully!

IMG_5714.jpeg.2edd94a5f4f50e076b2f228e30465fe2.jpeg

The “16v “ badge is none original (what isnit off?) but it feels period as when valveage was proudly displayed on the car bodywork feels a long time ago now.

IMG_5712.jpeg.7278b91a28fdaf6925279c4c94557813.jpeg

Unforgiving light- but basically all the laquer has come off the NSF wing, and it’s falling off the front bumper/shroud and the bonnet.

Im enjoying pottering about in it. When I last had one ( a long time ago) I used to try and unstick it on b roads an generally behave like an imbecile.  Eg I remember I attempted a 4 wheel drift but it ended up correcting and recorrecting snap oversteer. What an idiot. Somehow i didnt crash it.

Anyway im happy just pottering now, and to be honest with its metro underpinnings maybe this suits the car better anyway.

IMG_5716.jpeg.78ed83f839bb040aceb48b3ed1cf76c1.jpeg 

IMG_5711.jpeg