HMC- new-Triumph Acclaim

HMC

From someone who's friends and family think their car buying habits is bordering on disfunctional looking in you and bramz's car changing threads have me hyperventilating into a paper bag.  

Sold the Mondeo, and bought a Saab. After a 96 V4, a dozen classic 900s, and a 10 year hiatus, I have a 90s GM Saab

post-4673-0-81969700-1536405977_thumb.jpegpost-4673-0-40095000-1536405992_thumb.jpegpost-4673-0-92239400-1536406014_thumb.jpeg

It’s nice! I presume it has the older cars engine and transmission? I’m not a big fan of the (to my mind) rough and semi agricultural clutch and gear change and this has brought back memories of the older cars. But a lot of Saab goodness is here. An excess of wipers, very nice seats, (by now) self consciously idiosyncratic switchgear- some of which seems lifted from a classic 900 and the odd bit (electric mirror adjust) is generic GM.

Overall I like it. I just need to park next to something reflective so I can do the wash wipe and watch all hell break loose on the front end.

Liking the GM900. We had one just like that once, a poverty spec XS in dark blue with beige velour seats. Seriously nice cabin to sit in! The reflective strip at the back being intact on yours is a bonus, they often go bad. Shame they got rid of it in the 9-3 I kind of like it in a silly retro sort of a way. Cable clutch on these. I presume this is a non-turbo which means you might also benefit from it having a distributor instead of a DI-casette to fail. If only these didn't drink quite so much petrol.

It’s a valid point, I suppose if the general public ask they see I’m open and honest, and people are free to decide as they wish. Probably the level of loss making TLC as they thumb through receipts will help in this.

• Like 3

Pizza delivery mobile

post-4673-0-92193800-1536688839_thumb.jpeg

Love this car, it’s more fun to whizz about our small town in this than anything else I’ve owned. It’s a pure, simple, unassisted driving experience, despite how awful it looks.

But what hydro citroen might I be getting? No clues but needless to say it’s not an S&M

Those Micras are far more fun to buzz around town in than they've any right to be, looking at them on paper. Very much like the original Panda, it should be a boring tin box...yet is an absolute hoot to drive.

As for Citroen...I say either a poverty spec Xantia 1.9TD, or you've gone utterly mad like me and bought an Activa...

Those Micras are far more fun to buzz around town in than they've any right to be, looking at them on paper. Very much like the original Panda, it should be a boring tin box...yet is an absolute hoot to drive.

As for Citroen...I say either a poverty spec Xantia 1.9TD, or you've gone utterly mad like me and bought an Activa...

... which you can sell to me when you move it on in 3 weeks.

BX TZD estate.

We (sort of) have a winner

post-4673-0-52260100-1536874472_thumb.jpeg

post-4673-0-08841200-1536874484_thumb.jpeg

It’s a 16TGS- so the 1.6 petrol poverty model. Not that many still around. Still has its “Citroen (uk) plates” from its 7 months based at the slough HQ. minty fresh and 50k from new. Much tweediness inside that I will get a pic of once my phone works again.

Okay that is nice! I recall seeing it on eBay without MOT, and then again with, that's where I assume you got it.

I hate saying dibs, but i might be interested in it. I should really own one actual decent BX one day....money permitting.

• Like 2

We (sort of) have a winner

attachicon.gif6F87F67C-7FCE-4FEF-A0F7-EC80A9ACD36E.jpeg

attachicon.gif73EBDDA5-C3CE-41D1-926D-6674A3B42CE2.jpeg

It’s a 16TGS- so the 1.6 petrol poverty model. Not that many still around. Still has its “Citroen (uk) plates” from its 7 months based at the slough HQ. minty fresh and 50k from new. Much tweediness inside that I will get a pic of once my phone works again.

Nice. Not poverty though. TG is effectively GL spec. Mid-range.

As Ian says, not povvo spec. I bet its even got power steering.

No pas. It was an option on the 92 16TGS but no tick.

Formerly owned by a retired naval commander who also had a birotor at the same time.