HMC- AUTOSHITE 2.0

HMC

Wartburg en route!

My transport man is almost as excited as I am. Growing up in Poland his first drive of a car was aged 11..... in his uncles wartburg 1.3s. It's definitely in safe hands as he kept me on the phone for a good 10 minutes telling me about used cars behind the iron curtain the 70s/80s. He's due here in about an hour!!!!

Right on time, My contact from the east arrived. We met near the (Devon and cornwall) border. I greeted Arek and, looking to my left and right under the dim streetlamps, handed him a brown Envelope. My comrade then unloaded the goods and we parted........

attachicon.gifIMG_8279.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8284.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8285.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8286.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8289.JPG

fuck yeah

I'll never forget when we were on holiday in Northumberland, passing through Warkworth I sensed something out of the corner of my eye. It was only a bloody 'L' reg Wartburg Knight Tourist, lilac colour, pouring blue smoke out as it trundled along. I almost had a fit. Made my day that did. They were a very smart looking car.

Obscure Shepfact: very late Wartburgs had Opel Vectra 'A' front seats and interior fabrics (and no doubt more), due to GM taking over the AWE factory and building Vectras alongside Warts for a time until they had built a new Opel factory nearby. The Treuhandanstalt did get one thing right, at least.

Compared to what?

Not a Cortina mk3 Coke bottle, I'm guessing.

A fucking Marina was a better looking car back in the day!

HUBBA HUBBA!!

it has arrived (AT LAST!!) and its just about as grim as we had hoped it would be.

ah but you forget that this is the beige forum,

the crappier, the more unloved the more unusual, the more the forum  like it!

would you like a wartburg? i would.....

and i do like the marina, more than it is healthy to do so!