1995 Peugeot 405 Executive Automatic MOT £5 ROFL 8 TICKETS REMAIN

bramz7

In two minds about this one. On the one hand it's a great runner and is my first proper luxury car but on the other I don't really see it in my future plans.
Anyway, throw it out in the open and if one of you wants it then you're welcome to it.
It cost me far too much and the selling price is nearly half of that so this isn't a sale for profit by any means.

Good points:
-Comfortable seats and genuine quality feel to the interior.
-Runs fine on long and short journeys.
- Temperature always nice and level.
- Recent rear brake overhaul.
-most things seem to work.
-Good engine and box, which doesn't shunt ever and kickdown works as expected.

However there are bad points with it and I'll try to summarise them below:
The mirrors are not the electric ones. Not sure why but someone has replaced both with the wrong type. Only noticed this when they didn't adjust and the chrome embellishments weren't there.

It's got various marks all over the body work and the drivers door and bonnet have noticeable dents.

Wheel centres are missing HOWEVER if you buy it I'll get a set of those.

Sunroof doesn't go back.

Roof lining predictably sagging.

Front door locks work but the interior locks are missing and the operation of the drivers window does something to the locks every so often. Just open it from the passenger side and it seems fine.

Headlight washers missing.

Fuel gauge not too precise but fill ups seem to be really helping.

Fuel filter needs replacing. Not causing major issues but it's cut a couple of times and I strongly suspect that's it. Not a difficult job and I was going to do it. Still will if it stays.

Saying that it does have working air con and a towbar, and the immobiliser isn't broken. And the heated seats seem to work.

I have photos of it on my car thread but will update for this thread.

No movement on price, sorry. Smashed rear lamp has been replaced and I've been topping up the auto box with Castrol DEX II stuff, you'll get 2 bottles with it if you buy.

Located in Reading.

post-20043-0-31782600-1507137882_thumb.jpeg

post-20043-0-04041200-1507137902_thumb.jpeg

post-20043-0-70431700-1507137921_thumb.jpeg

post-20043-0-32183500-1507137941_thumb.jpeg

Fuck I tore up the front lawn yesterday moving it out! Unbeknownst to me a ZX alloy wheel had got in the way of one of the rear wheels.....

So there it is. 0/10 for effort or what. I will clean it profusely for any buyer, you won't be getting half of my girlfriends parents front lawn with it. 

Rust seems to have not broken out anywhere either. 

All in all, a nice thing to smoke about in for a year, and see how the next MOT is. 

Or fix it up and hold onto it, as 405s will one day, possibly, be rare. And sought after....

When is Junkman collecting it?

*Edit: the number plate sounds like a posh woman expressing mirth, via the medium of a text message on her portable telephonic communications device.

Okay then, that's enough for me. Obviously I don't expect a flurry of interest but here we go:

7. blakey79
21.Heidel_Kakao
32.blakey79

£6 each. For those who expressed interest, just re-express it as I don't want to sign you up without confirmation.