How many left question?

25v6turbo

Q2 2017 figures have just been released and I wanted to ask a question.The Renault Safrane V6 RXE is showing 2 taxed with 11 SORN,but when you look at the years 1993 is 0,1994 is 1(mine)and 1995 is 0.

So shouldn,t that be 1 taxed not 2?not sure how the figures came to 2,nothing under new regs either,odd??

Is it entirely composed from DVLA records or is there any kind of organised updating assistance?  

When I got my first ever computerised logbook (for a Mk1 Austin Mini) it proclaimed it to be an Austin A30 Seven.   Didn't bother to update it as I had already wrapped it around a bus shelter by then (terminal understeer and inexperience) but I wonder if somebody claims to have the "only" Allegro 1300DL Auto left just because its the only one so described by DVLA?    Registration records don't normally go into such detail, surely, so are some people making specific updates to DVLA?

With regard to V5 accuracy I once saw a reference to somebody getting a logbook back for a chain-drive Scammell showing it as a "2 axle Moped" but that's probably an extreme case......

None of my AMCs appear at all in any form on HML - not does my Chevrolet - this is despite all of them being on the DVLA site and having been registered here (UK) and in the country from brand new.  It's not the "fault" of HML but the figures are very unreliable - not least because of a lack of rigour when the data was being entered in the first place.  

When I got my first ever computerised logbook (for a Mk1 Austin Mini) it proclaimed it to be an Austin A30 Seven.   

I wonder if somebody claims to have the "only" Allegro 1300DL Auto left just because its the only one so described by DVLA? 

For many years the supplying dealer wrote what he wanted on the day onto the registration form and it went into the database as his model definition.

Yep DVLA input.....just noticed there is a V6 RT registered in 2005!,strange as they old sold them for a year in the U.K 93/94.

New registrations include imports made in that year I believe. So it is possible to see a new registration of a long forgotten model.

But otherwise the figures are about as reliable as an MP's promise.

My Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign 4.0 LWB is simply registered as a "Jaguar" - that's it, nothing else, even though the is a correct category for the full moniker.

Is it entirely composed from DVLA records or is there any kind of organised updating assistance?

When I got my first ever computerised logbook (for a Mk1 Austin Mini) it proclaimed it to be an Austin A30 Seven. Didn't bother to update it as I had already wrapped it around a bus shelter by then (terminal understeer and inexperience) but I wonder if somebody claims to have the "only" Allegro 1300DL Auto left just because its the only one so described by DVLA? Registration records don't normally go into such detail, surely, so are some people making specific updates to DVLA?

With regard to V5 accuracy I once saw a reference to somebody getting a logbook back for a chain-drive Scammell showing it as a "2 axle Moped" but that's probably an extreme case......

My Ma’s 1960 Mini was an Austin Seven - said so on the back as did all the early ones

It will give you an indication of numbers e.g. there are more MGB’s than Vauxhall Victors about, but I would take the individual model numbers with more than a pinch of salt.

The newer cars are probably more accurate as things like model, spec etc run off the VIN plate rather than a bored salesman typing something on a Friday afternoon before he goes to the pub.