rover 75 mot fail SOLD

madmopedracer

I normally just lurk but a friend has asked me to sell her dads 2003  rover 75 connoisseur 1.8 petrol 68000 miles always serviced and well maintained 

mot failure cash is going to his new granddaughter.

the car is in good clean condition inside and out tyres etc are good

it only failed on nearside rear upper suspension arm corroded offside  front upper suspension arm corroded there were no other faults or advisories

body has no rust arches etc are clean pm me and i can email more pictures

location helensburgh G84 nr glasgow

£200

thanks for the interest first person from gumtree bought it at full £250 should have asked for more as always but it is at least sold out of drive and something for his granddaughter

and a pint for me win win

post-19492-0-21714900-1506626384_thumb.jpg

post-19492-0-93230000-1506626472_thumb.jpg

ML53FXA

Reason(s) for failure

• Nearside Rear Upper Suspension arm corroded and seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
  • Offside Front Upper Suspension arm corroded and seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)

More pics:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/rover/rover-75-connoisseur-spares-or-repair/1268235556

(I charge £40 per hour, standard private investigator rates), 5* hours research = £200. Oh, okay then I'll take the car as payment in  kind.

Do you deliver m9 ?

ML53FXA

Reason(s) for failure

• Nearside Rear Upper Suspension arm corroded and seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
  • Offside Front Upper Suspension arm corroded and seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)

More pics:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/rover/rover-75-connoisseur-spares-or-repair/1268235556

(I charge £40 per hour, standard private investigator rates), 5* hours research = £200. Oh, okay then I'll take the car as payment in  kind.

Do you deliver m9 ?

Thanks for that, its got a towbar too, I paid £100 for one of those.

Could you use your investigative powers to locate the Front upper suspension arm please?

Yes, must be offside rear. Assuming a typo.

If they are corroded to the extent of failing the MOT they are borked. Snappage not far away. Don't ask me how I know. Replacement is doable but a PITA requiring the rear suspension gubbins to be dropped out. At least that is how mine was done. New coil springs and bushes also required in my experience. This obviously costs more than most people are prepared to pay so the cars are usually fragged at this point. Shame really. They deserve to be saved. Am happy to save this one, but money is in short supply as usual. As is storage space, but that's my problem. If open to offers I can make one, but it will be all I can afford!

^^ How is the progress on my* car? :)

post-5532-0-78705300-1506689509_thumb.jpeg

Progressing slowly but surely!

Now an attractive* satin black with all the mechanical stuff completed. Almost ready for the MOT now. Just a few niggles to sort out. Bonnet cable, ignition switch, rear exhaust etc.

Ahem....

Back on topic.