Ooops I've purchased again (Renault 18 content)

Renault18

Finding Renault 18s ain't as easy as it once was, but after a Facecloth-related post, I leapt into action (well not exactly leapt) and headed down to Gloucestershire to have a look at an early 18 TS. If you recognise it, then it's because it's been about a bit. It was advertised on eBay some years ago, ended up in the hands of Danny Hopkins from Practical Classics, then moved through a couple of other owners. It didn't run, had no MOT and the body has gone decidedly downhill - but it is an early one.

So, having had it delivered I turned it over and it was all free, so I tried starting it, only to be met with it firing first time! However, the moving bit was trickier due to a stuck clutch. However, that's also complied as well and with the exception of some bodywork that has seen better days, I'm now back up to five Renault 18s. If it wasn't for the pain in the yaris that is transportation and language barrier, I'd be buying a mint '79 TL estate from France as well, but let's not hold our collective breath on that one.

post-113-0-98032100-1506167528_thumb.jpg

post-113-0-43140000-1506167545_thumb.jpg

post-113-0-56990500-1506167560_thumb.jpg

I remember when they were more prolific every 18 seemed to be in this colour!  Have always liked the interior on these (any pics?), they seemed comfortable and almost minimalist.

Having just bought a very nice Clio for Mrs_Carlo I'm feeling a lot of love for Renault at the moment, might have to buy one for myself.

Nice to see it is still going I bought it from the school that had it after practical classics and I think I sold it to Keith. I next saw it at the NEC a few years ago and it was being loved but seems to of gone down hill since.

post-5515-0-86704300-1506170068_thumb.jpg

I should have some better pictures on my other computer but these are from 2012/13

post-5515-0-84362900-1506170161_thumb.jpg