Wanted - Rover 200/400 for spares

pandamonium

Any interest in a 214sli with registered LPG conversion.

Owned it for a couple of years, but not used it since the last MOT.

Basically it passed the MOT and then the starter motor failed. Got the replacement off another breaker but never fitted., which is a sad reflection on me really that the car has just sat there while I used/fixed other cars.

Also has an issue with a leaking inlet manifold gasket that I was going to do at the same time, just other cars took my time/interest.

Reg is N252HGO for MOT history etc, mileage is 120553 at MOT.

Will check later and bet its not even four miles since. (And the tripometer is working  :) )

Not looked at the car really since November so would only really feel happy as spares repair as god knows what else has happened with not being used.

Can get pics if needed.

Cheers

Dave

I'm impressed at the mingebaggery of someone fitting LPG to a 1.4 R8.

Panda, I rescued a whole bunch of stuff from Krujoe's collection, full details here: http://www.rover200.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10969&start=30  just let me know if anything is of use and we'll arrange some way of getting the bits to you.

Hmm, what's the rest of it like?

Was decent enough but sitting there for 10 months has made it look a bit grotty.

Will try and get some pics up.

From memory its got a full matching set of decent tyres (Yokohama's) with lots of tread as there were fitted by previous owner just before I purchased.

Drivers side central locking does not work off remote, but all the other doors do.

Rear internal boot release does not work, but can be opened by the key.

Worse bit was the rad temp sensor is broken and has been welded/glued into the rad so a bypass switch has been fitted to turn on the fans.

Car drove really nice on petrol and lpg. Got a large cylinder tank in the boot, so does take up half the boot space, but then gives you more lpg than one of the doughnut tanks.

Nightfire red in colour, but with quite a lot of lacquer peel here and there,

Only one key/remote

(sorry for thr rambling, just typing things as I remember)

Well yes, my last sterling service WBOD

It's complete whole Rover 418 GSD XUD Turbo saloon in JRG, beige dash version, complete, running and 50% veggable due to CAV pump

Ticket was out a few months back, holed sills and outer D pillars. Bought a 420 T-series Petroleum one instead and that's been my daily instead of doing the work

Depends what parts you are after really, but the car can drive off in one whole piece and get you to Timbuktu at 50mpg as it's that reliable

Everything works, GSD is the top spec of the dervs.  Both fobs, service book and bills

Looks much happier in the photos and has lost its wheels to steels now.  Flaps all round, suspension all good in fact better than the 420

13247809_10154720418204918_1044377513696

14567979_10155191763594918_1380881830171

One of 4,286, with just 22 left surviving on the road

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/rover_418_gsd_turbo

Classic car policy no poblem

I'd rather it was saved TBH.  Needs sills, arches and flitches both sides - repair panels available on ebay for notalot.