New Acquisition: Austin Maxi

cbowditch

Yup. same deal on the Princess. They're absorbent so any fuel or oil leaks are soaked into them and that can then smoke.  Replaced mine with some aluminium sheet.  If there's no heatshield you'll find you get vapourlock on the three days of really hot weather we have each year so it's worth replacing them if you can to avoid that.

Nice. Just over in Milton Keynes here, so if you need a hand with something sure I could drop by to lend a hand (or ear, nose etc whatever is most relevant to the task at hand).

Getting the carbs balanced is easy enough to do by ear once you've done it a few times, can make the world of difference though.

Never driven a Maxi, always liked the look of them though...just sadly they'd started to go up in price even before I was looking. Probably only going to go up now with the MOT changes...

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Wow, great find. No I didn't get any of that stuff, and its needs it  :-( I think this was from when it was sold in 2007. Unfortunately the previous owner has just run it into the ground since these pics were taken

Nice. Just over in Milton Keynes here, so if you need a hand with something sure I could drop by to lend a hand (or ear, nose etc whatever is most relevant to the task at hand).

Getting the carbs balanced is easy enough to do by ear once you've done it a few times, can make the world of difference though.

Never driven a Maxi, always liked the look of them though...just sadly they'd started to go up in price even before I was looking. Probably only going to go up now with the MOT changes...

Thanks for the offer. I may well need some help if I can't get it running properly!

Unfortunately the previous owner has just run it into the ground since these pics were taken

That's a shame. :(

Plenty of help on the Maxi Group on Facebook, if you need it. ;)

As others on here have said replace the broken heat shield with ally plate. Friend usedan old number plate. ;)

• 7 months later...