Goona 2.0T 16v Sport-Tourer - Contains F4RT..

Volksy

LAGUNA ANECDOTE.

I was chatting to a mate of mine today and he was recounting how he bought an 03 reg Laguna from Arnold Clark when it was a couple of years old. 

It failed it's first MOT on £800 worth of brakes and balljoints etc. My pal took the dreaded call in his kitchen at home. He was so upset he threw the cooking spatula he was holding across the room and it hit and shattered the fully glazed back door. His wife walked in to hear him swearing loudly, saw the state of the door and thought he'd lost his mind. She picked up their young son and walked out of the marriage. (although she did return the following day after he begged her to come back and explained everything)

Anyway, he took the Laguna to another garage and it cost £90 to get an MOT pass. The other garage was trying to rip him off. 

I couldn't stop laughing when I heard this story and felt compelled to share. I'm sure this Laguna won't cost you your marriage/family.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, been a bit hectic myswlf recently. This car has gone.

I sold it to work as it was just easier, and I needed £125 more than I needed a semi-broken Laguna.

Cant win them all.

Thank gods for that!

have taken a deposit on my transit of a nice gypsy fella, as it's rusting quite spectacularly since it's MOT in May, and wheel bearing rumbling has gone to the next level :shock:

The guy was supposed to come today to pay the balance and bugger off with it, but he claimed his nephew had broken his ankle..blah, blah, blah......and I was sorely tempted as I now have no towbar in the fleet and this would have been spot on! (aside from being a gooner of course, but hey, live fast die broke :-P ).

Also am in Leeds as well so would have been a piece of cake to collection :-D

Edit - good job I never made an offer for the gooner :shock:

Turns out the nice man was full of shit, and came a day late to collect with his brother, and tried to chip a lot of wonga off the price - told them to bugger off in no uncertain terms, so now skint with a rusty van empty of all the stuff I dragged out and stuck in the shed - tempted to stick it on ebay whilst it's clear :?

I was sorely tempted to buy it myself, even though I have no use for it. Problem is, it would have been £125 + £300 insurance + £300 tax = £725 for what would be a (another) driveway ornament.

Feels like a total waste this going to scrap.