1. LightBulbFun

LightBulbFun

• Similar Content

• By sutty2006
      Oooops I did it again......was a song produced two years after this automobile. I told myself ages ago that I’d thin the fleet down and cut down spending ...... it didn’t last long. If this new purchase is a worthy keeper then I may part with the 50 quid omega. But let’s not be hasty yet!

transport steed of choice is my 05 discovery and a trailer, no pics yet as it’s still pitch black outside. 
      Poo count = 1
      Blood sugar level = 11.2
      distance to go = 88 miles
      setting off at 7, keep posted for updates. 
    • By SiC
      Place holder for some fun tomorrow.
      A free car ...but as we all know, that's a very untrue statement! This one has been sat for about a year and half or two. It was last MOT'd in 2017 but has been passing over the last few times with no advisories. 
      Two stages to this collection. First is getting the bugger running and the second is getting it home & MOT'd. 
      Tomorrow will be about hopefully getting it started and out of the garage. If this succeeds I'll then see about having it recovered back to either home or directly to my friendly local garage and have it tested. 
      Not sure how I'll do this - maybe do a single shot video of startup?
    • By TripleRich
      Hi all, new to the forum.  Thought you might be interested in what I've got myself into
      I'd been after my first classic car for a while.  If it's big and made in the 70s I'm interested.  Looked at few things like P6s, Zodiacs, Victors, SD1s and various other things.  Problem was I didn't want to spend a boatload of money on something that looked alright but underneath was actually a total heap.  The solution was to buy a complete heap in the first place and spend the money fixing it.
      So in January I went ahead and bought this from a colleague at work who was moving away and needed to get shot of it.

It's a part finished restoration (I prefer not started) and it needs a whole load of help if it's going to stand any chance of using a road again.
      Pros
      It's right up my street.  Granada Coupes are quite odd and certainly stand out from the norm.
      It still has the original engine, box, interior and most trim.
      It came with loads of panels I need to repair it (mostly original Ford stock).
      It came with so many spares I could probably build a few Granadas and still have stuff left over.
      It was cheap.
      Cons
      Most of the front end has been cut off.
      Most of the body structure is quite rotten.
      It's going to take me ages.
      I work at a restoration company and my boss kindly allows me to keep the car there.  So I've got access to all the gear I need to restore it.  I've been busy on the car for a while now so will post more pics over the coming days.
      Cheers 
    • By richardthestag
      Been a busy 6 months on my old Range Rover that I own 50/50 with Fathathastag

Bit of background first..

We bought it March 2015 just as genuine early Range Rovers were starting to get noticed. Alas not early enough that we could have got it for a couple of hundred quid. 

The car had been owned for decades by a Land Rover enthusiast and this particular car retained a lot of features unique to pre 1973 Range Rovers. Sadly he died a few years back and the car was left outside the front of his house. 

I spotted it on eBay and arranged with the owners widow to view. There were no bids and my offer was good enough to take the auction off.

The engine had been part way through a top end strip down when work stopped, I had no idea even if the car would move. But rented a trailer and relocated it from Watford to North Devon where fathathastag has a barn suitable for storage.

The project is on the right, we towed it into the field and pushed it into the barn

In May 2015 I got to do an assessment of the car. body wise most outer panels were ok, the inner wings looked ok, it clearly needed some work but was unsure how much at this point. main objective was to see if the engine was a runner.

Found that the gearbox and axles were original to the car, but the engine was from an earlyish SD1

while the seat covers are not original some of the plastic kitkat seat coverings are underneath, the rear seat especially

The head has some nasty corrosion very near the fire ring seal, 

When I refitted the head one of the bolts tore the thread out. bastard but not entirely uncommon with the alloy blocked RV8