Liberate the Vegtastic freedom machine from GU2 7XH***FREE

castros_bro

Incredible opportunity to become the owner of a V5 with the words  Yamaha and Heavy Oil printed on it and the attached veg bike and all for   free   .

Here's link to the builder's blog http://fotifixes.com/category/automotive/motorbikes/diesel-xj600/page/6/

Here it is a running couple of weeks ago.  You will probably NOT  be riding this away, I have cleared the clagg of veg out and run it on normal diesel just for convenience, engine could probably do with a hone and new rings but instead a few oil changes and a bit running under load may make it nicer.     Needs work but nothing too technical and then it'll get a "daylight" MOT. 

post-7239-0-86849500-1504534886_thumb.jpg

DieselBike.mp4

When's the collection then John?

Do you want to :-

a) Borrow the trailer and sort it yourself?

B) As above, but take me along for shits 'n giggles

c) Borrow my disco to tow the trailer and sort it yourself?

d) As © but take me along for shits 'n giggles

e) Borrow my scooby to tow the trailer and sort it yourself?

f) As (e) but take me along for shits 'n giggles

g) None of the above and kick a gifthorse in the teeth?

When's the collection then John?

Do you want to :-

a) Borrow the trailer and sort it yourself?

B) As above, but take me along for shits 'n giggles

c) Borrow my disco to tow the trailer and sort it yourself?

d) As © but take me along for shits 'n giggles

e) Borrow my scooby to tow the trailer and sort it yourself?

f) As (e) but take me along for shits 'n giggles

g) None of the above and kick a gifthorse in the teeth?

g) on this occasion, Zippy. I'm swamped with projects as it is, my shed/garage is like Tetris at the moment and I don't have time or space for anything except the most straightforward of aditional projects.

So I'm happy to let Sam have it & maybe get chance to play with it at some point in the future :-)

Failing that, I do have a spare 200 TDi engine down at the unit. Maybe that could be shoe-horned into a (modified) bike frame?

I'm swamped with projects as it is, my shed/garage is like Tetris at the moment and I don't have time or space for anything except the most straightforward of aditional projects.

Hey John, you and Zippy could pootle down, pick it up and take it 20 or so miles to me where it can stay for as long as is necessary for you to grow a pair and ride it back up North.

Job - sorted

Excuses - zero

Bucketeer, on 04 Sept 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:Bucketeer, on 04 Sept 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

Hey John, you and Zippy could pootle down, pick it up and take it 20 or so miles to me where it can stay for as long as is necessary for you to grow a pair and ride it back up North.

Job - sorted

Excuses - zero

Haha! I'd happily ride it home, except for a couple of things:

1. No prospect of getting away with riding to a 'booked MOT' in its current condition

2. I suspect its current top speed will be considerably less than a standard XJ600

3. That exposed belt.

But even more importantly, I just don't have the time to spend a day collectioning at the moment. So I'm happy for it to go to Sam instead, at least for the time being. It would appear that there's a queue forming for a play with it when he's finished though, by which time I might be in a better situation to take this daft item on.

Sam, it's yours if you want it so feel free to arrange collection.