Lupo 20v turbo, sounds like a good idea

pauldoubleyou

• 4 weeks later...

So, jobs on.

All main wiring now done and dusted. I have diagnostics wired up. There’s about five feeds to the clocks I need to figure out but for now.. I’m there and!

It started!

Yeah alright it was for two seconds and there is no coolant in it, and the immobiliser kicked it off..

So anyway I smashed in some more jobs whilst the ECU was having its immob removed and redundant sensors mapped out.

9df5054d5d5c2a422a1f54f9cfa32b0f.jpg

Harnesses are now bolted in properly with spreader plates and the battery to boot is finished. Added some more cable tidies and the front clip and headlights are on. Power steering reservoir is actually fitted properly.

Downpipe arrived and as it’s off a polo conversion it’s a squidgen too short. Basically need someone to cut it and weld in another section about 2.5 inches long.

Really all that’s left is a radiator and two driveshafts.

Saved the best till last.. ECU has been programmed to up boost from 7psi to 16psi with progressive boost in the first two gears (50 percent and 75 percent). Little bit of overrun should make it pop a bit for the laddiiessss

8441fff9d3c051f68a77cb1001ea0bc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is surely going to be mental levels of fun.

Be interesting to see how it handles.

I know. The skinny tyres need to come off, I know that. They can stay for the time being but intention is to find wheels that are as wide as possible to increase grip. Probably need arch extensions to keep them legal and rock hard coilovers.

Hoping to get the pedal issue sorted, I’ll have to double check the wiring. I was positive I had it right but you know how these things work. It’s only six wires to the ecu direct from the pedal. We shall see tomorrow.

Awesome, can't be long until this is on the road? Looks frightening!

The wife asked the other day what the point is, she wasn’t Imimpressed when I said it was to do burnouts outside her mates house.

Then I did my best turbo-engine Rev-overrun noise for an hour

Bwwwaarrrrppppp tshtshtshtshtsh bababababa

This is several levels of epic, and I cannot wait to see it driving.

Looking at the inlet manifold, will having an intake pipe *or* an offside headlamp be a choice you have to make?

There’s just enough room to fire a 90 degree bend down to the intwrcooler I let :)

So it turns out I can’t fucking count to six and had massively messed up my pinouts on the accelerator pedal.

After much chew.. it runs and revs. First fully successful start:

https://youtu.be/WqFyCB-0LLs

Can’t seem to embed video on tapatalk but might try later.

SSKKIIRRONNNNN

I’ve got a downpipe to fit however it’s from a polo 6b conversion that got shitcanned. They don’t have a front subframe and as such it needs to be lengthened about an inch and a half. Gonna have to go pay some stainless exhaust place to do it. Then it’s 3” straight through to cherrybomb off a mk4 cortina..

Few pics from today.

Finally got the power steering sorted, stupidly I had lost the bracket the reservoir sits on. Got an new one and it’s all plumbed in.

Boost and volt gauges in and awaiting an oil pressure one.

Tidying up the bay with cable tidies. Stickers may or may not come off but I’m tempted to join a mate doing hill climb and autotest in it.

5cbf7061a9e29d9b5f380ed8191472ca.jpg

2169bdb848b55315508c77288fe0a314.jpg

5a4a1295b6626c7de99af6f9df911977.jpg

Holy shit the shiny stuff is going on.

Added the pic of the inlet hose to answer the question above, just routing front mount pipe work today.

Should really find a radiator that fits.

From today! Running out of bay room.

63a9d9398a5734373ede42cdd7b242b5.jpg

73277c240aef7bc3dbba5fa98c384e2a.jpg

eabf6ff9fca93b42b003cd819e47dabf.jpg

cbb398d0ab24c161124044393c3632ce.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here’s a ‘look at this shit’ update. Ps fluid in after a leak. Coolant in after a leak. Now finally nice and tight. Coolant gauge works too, surprised me.

Front mount on. Most of the boost hoses done and routed after much hassle.

Now need a map sensor mount but they’re bloody £30!

Map sensor mount, lambda, Downpipe needs lengthening an inch or so and driveshafts are left. ce03d16b6d0f932a636dabb81058152e.jpged61f85032a222720de0669254fd7cb0.jpge9431609953842bfa0ce1ac12187f6f1.jpgcf960ed95402d9f2a86e28d64a47f7e8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Parts is keeping me from finishing now. 100mm driveshaft cups should be here in a few days, also need a slimline fan if anyone has one?

Put some nonskid in the footwells and an engine cover, and one driveshaft done.

235de327b36313c437100e4fca1d09aa.jpg

caf3ed8d15da1e7de793f5dbbe3ef98f.jpg

430c304b6a2a5845986987012e625871.jpg

I missed a few updates, well happy to see this is so close to finished!

Need to get my finger out. The downpipe needs extending a bit so it’s lower, the other driveshaft I can do myself.

Slimline fan and it should be driveable.

Lying I actually need a lambda too!

So close. It’s been 18 months now lol I’ve been lazy

Im at work loafing now so ill add some of the other crap ive managed to get done:

Front mount and all inlet pipework is completely done and sealed. Until i get boost through it ill know if its sealed or not. Might have to get some of the larger hose clamps as the hoses are 3" and some of them are a bit squiffy.

Top hose for the radiator is off an MGZS

Managed to fabricate a MAP sensor mount so thats lined in and working. Had to chop some of the plastic away behind the drivers headlight to get the inlet pipework to fit but it still went in successfully.

Forgot that i also need to get some 4mm pipework off ebay and plumb in one third of the N75 valve to the inlet. As i ran out of nipples (ooer) I managed to get an alloy piece with a nipple on for the boost gauge just next to the intercooler.

Could do with an oil pressure sender too, and I need to work out a way of mounting a catch tank. I had one but it just didnt work so i binned it. Might just run one of those shitty little cone filters for now and let it vent.

The lower half of the bumper is chopped to fuck to fit the front mount behind it which honestly, looks a bit shit. I might have to get some halfords blingboy grille mesh somehow just to make it look a bit tidier.

Im really concentrating on getting it running and moving properly then clean up the bits here and there after.

Yet again this is inspiring me to crack on.

Driveshaft cups in.

Bit of a setback, both driveshafts need cutting and welding. About an inch off.. gonna take them to work tomorrow. Depends how good the welders are they will need clamping to some angle iron or something to keep them true. At least they’re solid.. some Lupo ones are hollow.

Anyone know what a price for someone to do it would be if the babcock guys look at me like I’m stupid?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/d50e8c3cf15385607dfeaddabf94f859.heic

Otherwise I’ll crank the Clark up to 11 and do multiple passes I just can’t find my regulator grr

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/1f9b506544b0b6c2c41fec0d2a1585d7.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/99addc0bb736ababc8b89559a069c239.heic