LP's day out - a Scottish scrapyard

Lacquer Peel

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Looks like the owner is going for the "return to nature" plan for the shells - suppose you never have to bother moving them to weigh them in if you just let them decompose naturally over 30 years or so.

I've been going there for the best part of a decade and a lot of the stock has been there that long. He mentioned not wanting to weigh stuff in because the moment he does someone wants parts for that car. Sound.

I like that place.
When I was a Mini licker my friend Brian and I used to regularly go there and kick the rotten front end of an MG Metro or a Vanden Plas, drop the 1275 onto the ground and drag it out the yard. The guy never asked more than 40 quid or so. There was usually at least 5 or 6 to choose from.

One time we spotted a load of MG Metro pepperpot alloys....we ended up bagging 20 of them to flog on in the ScotAds after a quick "refurb" with a few cans of Halfords wheel paint.

Right at the back amongst the trees it faded from merely old stuff to properly ancient and even a few pre-war things which were unidentifiably fucked even back then and probably just a smear of powder for future alien archeologists to ponder over now.

It was an old boy back then and I think his son, but thats probably 20 years back now....Wonder if the old guy is still around?

Jesus christ! I could easily spend days in there!! 

There are some yards round here than extend into trees, quarries, foresty kinda areas and with some motors lying for ages, but nothing even remotely like this.

Wonder if he will begin crushing stuff when he runs out of space, I never understand when scrappies dont make the most of their space by organising them to fit as much in as possible, that yard from the pics just looks like stuff has just been chucked randomly on the ground. 

You NE scots guys might know - is Leslie Fairfowls ( not sure of spelling ) place still open / he still alive ?

He had a similar place near Maud and I used to live about 3 miles away from there .

He used to go to all the farm sales and buy all the 20p lots at the time . Lovely bloke but a bit weird too .

• 1 month later...

MOAR.

wE9tXF1.jpg

Kelisa on top

0eQW0yz.jpg

Van blanc et rouillé

yQadY3p.jpg

This 100 has been here for years, hardly any parts are missing and it gets shunted about now and again. The scrapyard owner must approve of 1980s aerodynamic styling.

cnDGKAF.jpg

Guess the tailgate

wQ0ttKb.jpg

The Talento's weird appearance still makes me LOL when I see it.

sVSVRpn.jpg

Freddie from Psychoville checking a Honda Accord's brake fluid levels.

yvEoLzH.jpg

RIP in peace Powered by Fairy Dust :-(

KHAICI6.jpg

IMCcX8r.jpg

93q1XUw.jpg

These "last of the real Citroens" were hiding behind a pile of Berlingos and assorted hatchbacks.