This 5k mile mk1 Mondeo deserves its own thread

overrun

Egg's going to scramble himself looking at those pictures!

Mind you.... it's late. Is the mileage enough to overlook the fact it's not a mega-early one with black topped bumpers?

Yeah, should have been a K plate, to do it right!

This reminds me of a missed opportunity from about 15 years back. The elderly neighbour of a wealthy customer passed away and she happened to mention that the executors wanted to clear the garage to sell the house but his "old Ford" was sitting there.

Well I remember seeing him in an immaculate C reg Grananda Mk2 a few times over the years and I knew he hadn't driven for about 3 years, so said " I'll have !" And rushed round to have a look , imagining this Granada with a few thousand miles being mine for scrap value.

Opened up the garage to be confronted with a fucking Mk1 Mondeo! Apparently he'd swapped the Granny a few years before. I made my excuses and left, didn't bother to get a price or even look at the Mondeo-chances are it would have been ultra low miles , but at the time of no interest to me.

If only...

Egg's going to scramble himself looking at those pictures!

Mind you.... it's late. Is the mileage enough to overlook the fact it's not a mega-early one with black topped bumpers?

No, but the colour is! Cuirass I think, looks absolutely spot on on Mondeos and you dont see many mk1s this colour. Also love the optinal extra rear lip spoiler on the tailgate. 

Yeah it is a bit late ;-).

Sweet as, I mean the engine bay tells the story. 2 litre in the LX isn't that common either.

Probably a bit too good!

Thats not a LX is it? with front fogs, rear head rests and colour coded door mirrors? 

Are those trims original genuine Ford ones? 

Pedant speaking here but it's got the wrong antifreeze in it, it wants the red OAT stuff in it not the old blue glycol stuff.

Lovely car though. Hopefully when said owner kicks bucket it will go to someone who'll enjoy it as opposed to either some shitehawk selling it for four large on eBay or worse, gets sold on to the banger racers for £80 'cos it's just an old car'.

The trims it's got are early Si trims also fitted to some of the 24v ones. Not all Si had alloys despite being the 'sport' model.

Ah so its an Si, Egg confused me saying it was unusual to see a 2.0 LX.

I knew they didnt come with alloys because ive seen mk2 Si's on trims, seemed a bit hit and miss what got them and what didnt on Si's, no realy rhyme nor reason, just had never seen that style of trim on an Si before.