1974 MGB GT - The Mustard (Mit) Mobility Scooter - 6yrs ownership & the end is potentially nigh!

SiC

I'd say hold off until the weather perks up a bit and people start getting dreams in their heads of a summer time toy.  Right now with another storm rolling in every three days it's just not something that I think a lot of folks will be thinking about.

I'm both glad and sad that I have less than no space here at the moment, as an MGB is a car I've always said I'd have one day, and your one is bloody lovely.  However I'd have nowhere under cover to store it, and to be honest your one is a bit TOO nice not to be looked after better than I think I can manage.

I'd always expected the MGB to be one of the earlier mainsteam classics I'd wind up with...Jag XJ-S, Rover P4 and P6s being in front of it in the timeline definitely isn't something I expected.

Yeah, it's why I haven't seriously advertised this outside the forum as of yet. We are all about to hit our first payday this year and money should start flowing again for toys. While the weather is still shite, conversely there aren't many MGBs for sale at the moment. Especially around this price point. Either projects at half or immaculate examples for double. So possibly might have a decent chance if someone is looking. 

The first year I had this it lived outdoors. While it survived just fine even over the winter, leaving it out felt cruel. It's spent the vast majority of its life undercover and it'd be ruined in a few years if left out in all seasons. This was the driving factor of me finding some proper undercover storage (council garage) for it. That led onto more storage and more cars, leading to the problem I have now of far too many cars. 🫣

21 hours ago, SiC said:

So basically it's the summer evenings for me to go for a jolly jaunt or to the odd local car meet. Which realistically, once I find time to, is only a handful of evenings in the summer. Given a choice right now, I'd take the Spitty pretty much everytime. Gathers much more interest over my B too. 

Been meaning to ask you about this. We've just had an offer accepted on a house in Chepstow, and likely to be your side of the bridge more often. Are there any decent car meets? Evenings or weekends?