Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I'm not convinced by any advantage of RWD, especially in relatively low-powered small cars. See thirty-odd years of wheezy underpowered base model BMWs for proof.

What RWD small cars exist? Because all the small cars I think of are FWD & all the RWD cars I think of are medium & large saloons. :?

What RWD small cars exist?

Top of my head Reg - Starlet (and before that the early Corollas), Chrysler Sunbeam, Chevette, Datsun 1000. I guess Austin A30, 35, 40 from an earlier generation - when it was more poplier.Many of the early hatches would seem to be small RWD saloons that were rebodied as hatches to cash in on the 'super-mini' craze in the late 70's - Corolla begot Starlet, Avenger begot Sunbeam, Viva begot Chevette.

Kinda got my eye on 150180297819...Waddya think? Love the truck -pricing a bit high? Might try it on -if there arent any bids at auction end?

I don't think that's overpriced at all for what it is. Try finding a fully operational tax exempt recover truck over here for less. The only drawback I can see is that it only has a tonne payload so if you were to put, for example, a Peugeot 504 on the back it would be overweight. But then I should think it'd be easy enough to get it uprated to 3.5T when it's being registered over here. The other issue is that Besançon to Arundel is a chuffing long way to drive in a Goëlette, but little considerations like that don't really matter - in fact I'd bemore than happy to drive it back for you if you won it... :D You've also got a spare engine for it in your Frégate if need be. Ooh, and it's had a heater fitted - what more could you ask for? Have you given up on your other old Renner recovery veehickle then?

I'm bringing this over from Retro Rides for importance.1980 Subaru GLFIt is just beyond belief that a vehicle like that has been kept hidden away. Just absolutely beautiful.

Wow what a stunner :shock: Wish it was an estate though 8)
:shock: £5k and a reserve on top... It's such a beauty/oddity, but these old Subarus are very undesirable to most people. Shame. :(

Yeah, I reckon even the wealthy Irish J-tat importers will avoid it for that sort of cash, the FWD-ness will put off many. Shame because if it was a RWD Starlet or something it'd already be on the boat! I'd love one in honest ex-OAP condition with about 50K on the clock, that would be more my price range/responsibility level.Surely Subaru UK would have a use for it, Honda bought back a MK1 Civic and Daihatsu the first Compagno.Even if it was just an interesting conversation starter to shove in the lobby of their HQ and occasionally bring out to classic car shows, better than it just being left in someone's private garage.

Thanks Wuvvum -mirrored my thoughts. Not given up on the Prairie -but want a period beavertail to shift 2 small cars at a time -sick of doubling up.Good example is the Fiat 850 & 1100 both need collecting from the West Country -2 trips!Yep -its a long way -but a quick whizz down in say- a Kia Pride -sling it on the back and a gentle trip back...Price is prob OK -but too high for me so I'll wait -and (hopefully) haggle.let you know if it happens...

Hmmm... I'd say it was probably worth 1500 squid to the right person - it's the tidiest Acadiane I've seen in a very, very long time - but it looks like the reserve is going to be somewhat more than that, so it could well end up being pretty expensive. If it was a 2CV van in that condition it'd probably make 5 grand easy, but Dyanes aren't quite so sought after.