Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

You just apply for one I think. They are only supposed to be for storage and there will be a list of rules as long as your arm but they are unlikely to be enforced if you keep a low profile and pay the rent. I'm not sure if you have to be a local resident but it shouldn't be too hard to get somebody else to apply for you.

YES! I've got a dangly mirror, gonna fit it to my truck.

Get rid of the passenger mirror too! I'd love it if you produced a Sierra P100 BASE. Do it!

Cheers for the garage advice - I'll get onto it this week.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1986-PEUGEOT-205- ... 3ca7162fa5

Posted Image

There'll be more metal in the welding mask

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-FIAT-131-MIR ... 27acaf2f0d

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-ROVER-216-VI ... 45ef23a907

Posted Image

Previous owner suffered explosive diaorrhea.

The Miafiore has a bit of rust, but my Dad's one had way more rust than that in 1984 when he changed to a Carina II.

Forgive my ignorance here - been out the country for too long. What's the procedure for these council garages? Any criteria to be met etc? I'd be well up for one or more. Then I can justify buying something utterly stupid.

Well I just phoned the guy at the housing association (the council by another "independent" name), and asked them. They sent me a short form, all you do is list what you want to put in ('old car tat') and tick the box saying you won't use it for commercial use or be a pain in the arse, return the form and collect some keys.
Same for me. Plus when the neighbours saw me "moving in" they were sure to reinforce those points too. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

1984 Austin Maestro Vanden Plas

YES! It's got the talking digidash!

Posted Image

1983 Rover 2300S

Crikey this sounds like a good prospect - the optional 5-speed manual, tax and test, cambelt done, not rotten, just needs a few bits of paint by the sounds of it. £795! Sounds ace to me. I bet those 2300 ones are a nice enough compromise between power/fuel economy, especially with a 5-speed box.

Posted Image

1973 Humber Sceptre Automatic

I'd love to get one of these and facelift it into Iran Khodro "Pakyan" spec.

Posted Image

1983 Rover 2300S

Crikey this sounds like a good prospect - the optional 5-speed manual, tax and test, cambelt done, not rotten, just needs a few bits of paint by the sounds of it. £795! Sounds ace to me. I bet those 2300 ones are a nice enough compromise between power/fuel economy, especially with a 5-speed box.

Mine was a 2.3 and it was pretty heavy on fuel. They don't actually go bad at all but I guess you're working the engine that bit harder that it guzzles more than it should.

I thinnk the 5 speed is stock on series 2 cars. I know series 1 2300's were 4 speed and I think they didn't get PAS either!

Bedford TK Looks like a D-series Ford next to it too - GR8 4 pretending to be in The Sweeney.

Posted Image

I watched an episode of the Sweeney tonight, there was a D-Series Ford truck a Luton Transit with the big arrow, a Mk 1 transit library van type thing, an 02 BMW, one of those old Audi wagons with the twin headlamps and of course a six cylinder Granny.

It was shitetastic.

Bumpers look better than mine as I can't see any holes :oops:

If it stayed very cheap the purchase price could probably be offset by using VW scene tax applied to those wheels. :wink:

I've got four of them wheels in me shed. £150 and they're yours, half-decent tyres on 'em too.

They're made by "MAG Industries", aircooled VW PCD and they're light as fook.