Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Get a load of this, sercks with an original coventry reg number, I imagine it was pre-regd by Talbot.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1985-TALBOT-ALPINE-MINX-BEIGE_W0QQitemZ270475625821

I have got a lot of love for these, they may be blue-chip shite but they are roomy with a good driving position, excellent ride quality and decent zip and economy. The late ones even seem to have reasonably robust valvegear. They make a great daily, in fact I might have a dabble on this.

[/img]

That Espero is nice, but at that price I'm not! As for you Bollox, you've already got an Alpine. Leave it alone you nutter.

Posted Image

1981 Ford Econoline E350

Check this out, 7.5L and a 3-speed autobox, probably costs a quid just to reverse it out of your driveway. Bet it sounds mad.

That Espero is nice, but at that price I'm not! As for you Bollox, you've already got an Alpine. Leave it alone you nutter.

Posted Image

1981 Ford Econoline E350

Check this out, 7.5L and a 3-speed autobox, probably costs a quid just to reverse it out of your driveway. Bet it sounds mad.

I am in lurve. I would also be right down to the DVLA to reg it as an amby if it was mine.....

I have an early Sierra brochure on the way in order for me to confirm this, but as far as I remember the base models had no head restraints but could be ordered at extra cost.

Going back to the point of the amazing SIERRA BASE!My Sierra brochure has arrived and I can confirm the following: "The car illustrated is a 5-door saloon in Cardinal Red. Option fitted at extra cost is 'A' frame head restraints". So there you have it, no head restraints for the povvo-spec scummers. Also, you get an ashtray but no cigarette lighter! Plus, would you like your wipers to have intermittent wipe? Tough luck, sunshine.Some other choice quotes:"From outside, you'll recognise it by its special wheels and different grille and bumper treatment. The whole nose section is dark grey.""It's available with either the 1.3 OHC or 1.6 OHC engines which give it a very lively performance. Alternatively, you could order the diesel engine."

These "Merkur" Scorpios are incredibly rare here. I always wanted one. Pity I'm so broke -- I'd scoop this one up immediately.

Especially as it's the "winner of multiple auto show awards." In particular I think the "Best detailed Merkur" award is hugely impressive. The field must have been loaded with competition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-Mer ... 3356db582f

Posted Image

Price of $3800 is high, but keep in mind that virtually nothing in the U.S. is cheaper than $2000 if it is even mostly sorted.

Hmmmm. Body is tidy but the interior is as worn-looking as you'd expect for the age, certainly nothing special.A Granada Scorpio of the same condition/vintage would be, what, £750 tops? And it wouldn't have that god-awful front end treatment, I know the US has different lighting laws but that looks like a parts-bin special, nothing quite fits.