Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

The best ambulances in my opinion were the Leyland Daf 400s with V8s in them.Of course thats just my opinion though.......I remember living in Slough, they had American ambulances, Fords if i remember rightly, but i cant recall what model. What do old ambulances fetch anyway? Is there a large emergancy vehicle following? I know Fire engines are worth loads....

Now, I would have thought it would be difficult to get ambulance status or get it back after giving it up, but had a very interesting conversation with a private paramedic recently. He had changed the tax from PLG to Ambulance on two occasions, and even he thought it was really easy. The first time he did an ordinary van, put in storage, added blue lights and signage then took it to the DVLA for something similar to a VIC check. They didn't even want to see his qualifications, just check the VIN no on the van. That done, he received his free tax in the post within a week.

Guest Tony Hayers

1.6 L?! Who do you think you are - royalty? 1300 base for you, the official fleet car of HIRST INDUSTRIES.

Posted Image

Here is a list of all the things you'd lose over the L - 5-speed box (4-speed only on the 1300 base), colourcoding on the front grille and filler cap, rubbing strips, full hubcaps, passenger mirror, head restraints, some soundproofing, opening rear seats, passenger vanity mirror (!), cigarette lighter, analogue clock, MW/LW radio, interior boot light.

On the plus side, you'd still have a courtesy light, parcel shelf and a few bits of carpet. Think yourself lucky eh!

The base spec Sierra "saloon" came with those groovy A frame head rests, just to show following reps how good a haircut you had. The black grill, filler cap and povo spec 25 square hole MK1 Sierra/MK1 Orion* wheels just added to the all round aura in the local Berni Inn carpark.

*Onions had the same rims (underneath the wheel trims) as early Sierra's

Wow, I would have loved that as a daily (even with the slushy box) but big Mazdas seem to be £££s to insure.

I'm paying £56 per month to insure a Bluey LX. :(

40 clams a month for a 1987 323 here...

sucks.

The best ambulances in my opinion were the Leyland Daf 400s with V8s in them.Of course thats just my opinion though.......I remember living in Slough, they had American ambulances, Fords if i remember rightly, but i cant recall what model. What do old ambulances fetch anyway? Is there a large emergancy vehicle following? I know Fire engines are worth loads....

Classic ambies about a grand with T&T, (though they are MOT exempt too) later ones more as they often get converted to campers. That was the fate of our first amby, but luckily the bloke who bought it off the St Johns decided it was too small for him :shock:

1.6 L?! Who do you think you are - royalty? 1300 base for you, the official fleet car of HIRST INDUSTRIES.

Posted Image

Here is a list of all the things you'd lose over the L - 5-speed box (4-speed only on the 1300 base), colourcoding on the front grille and filler cap, rubbing strips, full hubcaps, passenger mirror, head restraints, some soundproofing, opening rear seats, passenger vanity mirror (!), cigarette lighter, analogue clock, MW/LW radio, interior boot light.

On the plus side, you'd still have a courtesy light, parcel shelf and a few bits of carpet. Think yourself lucky eh!

The base spec Sierra "saloon" came with those groovy A frame head rests, just to show following reps how good a haircut you had. The black grill, filler cap and povo spec 25 square hole MK1 Sierra/MK1 Orion* wheels just added to the all round aura in the local Berni Inn carpark.

*Onions had the same rims (underneath the wheel trims) as early Sierra's

I'm sure the very early 1300 base models had no head restraints at all.

I have an early Sierra brochure on the way in order for me to confirm this, but as far as I remember the base models had no head restraints but could be ordered at extra cost. You can see them on that picture of the red one, so presumably someone splashed out. I bet realistically they would always get chucked in, probably only some strange service vehicles which actually went out without them. Wonder if there's still a load of old Sierras on the tarmac at Manchester Airport, I would wager that they probably don't/didn't have head restraints.I love 80s poverty-spec models, it always seems like they're removing features just to be cruel. Like on the Sierra base, removing the mirror on the passenger sunvisor - surely it would cost more to develop and produce special non-mirror sunvisors. They just don't want you to have a sodding mirror.

Guest Tony Hayers

Just checked in the 82 year brochure and they were options on the base spec model.Hirst & warren t claim win anorak of teh week.

Hirst Used Autos have now merged with Buddy Dog's Finance and we're bigger and better than ever, because bigger is ALWAYS better! Now with a bigger selection of cars, bigger commercials, bigger finance repayments! Check out our new range!

Posted Image

1989 Buick Park Avenue

Show the world you've "arrived" with this luxurious Buick Park Avenue. NO MONEY DOWN!

Posted Image

1988 Buick Reatta

Sports and style with this elegant Reatta - the V6 really pulls! NO MONEY DOWN!

Posted Image

1994 Chrysler Vision

This shouldn't even be here, somebody screwed up! Get this the hell outta here! NO MONEY DOWN!

Posted Image

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix

You'll feel like a racing driver in this sporty Grand Prix! NO MONEY DOWN!

Due to recent changes in the law all of our cars now come with a FULL one-day warranty! So come and see us at our new expanded lot, 3rd exit off the interstate, opposite the county slammer!

Hirst Used Autos with Buddy Dog's / Keep up the repayments or we'll pop your clogs / Amazing range of cars you'll think are great / We will not tolerate your payment being late

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1980-FIAT-127-L-R ... 20adbfccb0This is also giving me a bit of a trouser tentThe enquiry is completeThe vehicle details for FOL 135V are:Date of Liability 01 10 1986Date of First Registration 29 05 1980Year of Manufacture 1980Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1049CCCO2 Emissions Not AvailableFuel Type PetrolExport Marker Not ApplicableVehicle Status UnlicensedVehicle Colour REDVehicle Type Approval nullThe information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £68.7512 Months Rate £125.00Only ever on the road for 6 years!