Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

This 'rare-tro' 33 has been for sale, one way or another, for the last eighteen months. I saw it two and a half years ago when it was a pretty nice car. Since then it's been sold a few times, and washed once, for those photos.

It didn't sell on ebay in June for £200: I phoned the seller after that auction closed but too late, someone else had already had it away. Next thing it's up on a few websites for £950, after an MoT that needed one tyre and a small patch of welding. Then it got reduced to £675, then it disppeared, only to reappear on ebay where it failed to reach reserve, reaching just over 300 quid.

Now it's back at £995. With new pictures that show it's lost its twin carb engine for a much crappier single carb one. I have no idea what this bloke is thinking - he doesn't seem to realise that the potential market for such a rare/shite Alfa consists of two people, Mr_Bollox and myself. Mr_Bollox seems to know what he's doing in the shite-buying stakes, and I am from Yorkshire, so he seems to be pricing himself out of a sale.

Oh aye, someone's nicked the twin carbs off it have they?!!! I would absolutely love one of those and if there are more than 5 still existing i'll eat my hat. Apart from maybe a mythical one which might appear at alfa shows from time to time, thats probably the best one left. However I too could not bring myself to pay much more than £300 or so for it, specially if some Norbert has pillaged the fuggin carburettors for his VW Beetle.I almost bought a diabolical one a few months ago but luckily it never happened.

Oh aye, someone's nicked the twin carbs off it have they?!!! I would absolutely love one of those and if there are more than 5 still existing i'll eat my hat. Apart from maybe a mythical one which might appear at alfa shows from time to time, thats probably the best one left. However I too could not bring myself to pay much more than £300 or so for it, specially if some Norbert has pillaged the fuggin carburettors for his VW Beetle.I almost bought a diabolical one a few months ago but luckily it never happened.

My thoughts exactly, there are 3, including this one, on the road I think.

The Taxi was a standard shelled, Ãœber-base-model, normally diesel Mk2. The Taxi pack added the goodies listed above. Huge ashtrays, vinyl seats, radio suppressors and the like.If his doors were the wrong size, he either had major issues, or one of those weird Coleman Milne jobs.

Cheers, one of those things that always made me wonder after he said the doors were wrong.
CM did do ever so slightly stretched ones, probably for use as funeral cars. They did look very similar to the ordinary ones, no extra windows, same roofline etc - he could have had one of those.

Posted Image

Woah there!! Look at this pup! still with it's 1980's sign writing! I remember a farm i used to go to which had one of these living in a bush years ago.

Thats pure win

Also, is that a period Sun newspaper on the seat?

Jesus! Haven't seen one of those in years!
If ever one vehicle summed up Autoshite in every single aspect, this is it. 8)8)8)

Ultimate win.

Somebody has to save it.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Elswick-Envoy-Inv ... 0331724699

I find myself strangely drawn to this, I'm not sure if it's the Thunderbirds/ miniture Espace looks or what. I do not need the wheelchair capability, although I suppose a commode could be fitted as a drivers seat ready for when people rip the piss out of me. Did these come with a suspension lowering set up to load the wheelchair?

Parker Knoll Armchair - FTW! I think that would be a chioce autoshittist transport pod, parker Knoll, falcon pipe, some rough shag and a homburg.

That is cool. Is that the same one that came up a couple of months ago?20 left is a likely figure, and I bet none of those are the poverty-spec vinyl-seated disasters like that which I was ferried about in as a child. All I recall is that it was a 20TL, 1.6 litre... it's not been on the road since July 86 according to DVLA (no surprise as it sat rotting on the driveway for a couple of years after POPweasel finished with it, and it has massive holes in the panels even when he bought it in '84 when the Renner 6 died from a knackered clutch....