Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Most Ferraris are just flash red toss. However I would utterly love an F40. Obviously never gonna happen I know but I just think they are ORSUMZ.Actually, if I had the money I'd like to fit a towbar to an F355 and just use it as a daily, use it to pull a trailer and just treat it as a hack - never washed, that sort of thing. Then maybe take it to a show purely to upset the Ferrari lickers.

Surely the ultimate Autoshite Ferrari is a Lancia Thema 8.32 with an overheating problem and cover-sills fitted, plus a massive 'FERRARI' sticker in a totally random font down both sides.

Hang on. What about that corker of a 330GTC that Zagato cobbled together, in C&SC last month.

Posted Image

Anyway, where were we...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ford-zephyr-pick-up_W0QQitemZ160358013918

Posted Image

YO, does anyone fancy this little honey of a 104 shortcut? I may be wrong but I dont thinl this early small-light model was ever sold in the UK. Its in the town where i'm going next week. Its 700 euros like but i'm sure some bartering could be done. I can negotiate, collect and store for as long as you like.

Posted Image

http://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/65198982.htm?ca=12_s

This horrible looking 205 GT is quite interesting, under 40k from new and a really early one means (I think) an interesting but no doubt shitey double-solex carb set-up. The interior is supposeldy mint. Its the sort of obscurity that always ends up stuck in my mind the longest when I come back from a car show.

Posted Image

http://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/62879734.htm?ca=12_s

Is this front valance different from a later 205?

Posted Image

What on earth!?I am sure that's likely to be the same 450SL they have been trying to flog for the last 5 years (previously registered RAP1T), but that was all gold, abd this has been two-toned - why? It looks vile, but has been done properly (look in the engine bay). What a bunch of nutterz.

This horrible looking 205 GT is quite interesting, under 40k from new and a really early one means (I think) an interesting but no doubt shitey double-solex carb set-up. The interior is supposeldy mint. Its the sort of obscurity that always ends up stuck in my mind the longest when I come back from a car show.

Posted Image

http://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/62879734.htm?ca=12_s

Is this front valance different from a later 205?

Posted Image

Er, I don't ever think I've seen a 205 rust like that. There's one from 1985 in the undergrowth of Nev's unit, and even that's not as fucked as that 'un.

Is 'GT' what they called the XS en France? Cos I didn't think they did the XS in a more door.

Still bol, I like it. Valance looks like a standard pov early 205 one to me.

Yep the GT is a 5dr XS, They were sold over here, great fun to hoon about it.

I've not seen a 205 rust like that either, so I guess its been badly treated. As it's in the alps - well Haute-Savoie, it wouldn't surprise me. My Clio from the same region looked pretty much the same.

Does look like a povo spec front bumper, same as my old GLD. IIRC the GT and XS gained the front spoiler from the GTI, but not the plastic over arches and side trim.

To be honest the original front bumper probably got ragged off in deep snow at some point in its life. My Clio again had is front bumper held on with self tappers and bungey cords for the same reason.

edit: here's a pic of a UK spec GT

Posted Image

How does the GT/XS differ from other 1.4-litre 205's?Fatha_Pog has a 1.4 more-door 205, and it can lick along at a tidy old rate for an ancient shopping trolley. I'm not entirely sure what model it is (don't think he is either, quite likely it's cobbled together out of various others - IIRC he paid about £400 for it when the going rate would have been well into 4 figures...)

GT's/XS's had a twin choke carb set up, so were very nippy, sportier trim, (fabric seats similar to the ones found in the GTi) Rev counter, split fold rear seats, rear wash wipe etc.A freind had one in our college days, and it was great fun, far more rapid than most other cars us students had. On a twisty lane it would hold it's own against XR2's and the like.From www.peugeot205xs.co.uk

Inside the XS had sports seats, a similar steering wheel to the GTi's, 4 speaker stereo (with good quality 5 inch speakers), rev-counter and 5-speed transmission. Central locking and electric windows were optional extras. On the outside, a rear spoiler, alloy wheels and sunroof were optional extras. Similar to the GT, the XS has transfer stickers on the front wings. The most impressive part of this car is the improved later (post '87) engine. It is a TU3S engine with MA transmission. It has a single twin-choke Solex 32-34 Z2 carburettor which produces 85bhp at 6,400rpm. Top speed increased to 110mph with a 0-62mph time of 10.6 seconds (Peugeot official figures). To compliment this, fuel economy remained good and increased to 32.8mpg on the urban cycle (compared with the old XY8 engine).

So twin carb or twin choke? :? If I recall correctly Fatha_Pog's one would come up OK on DVLA but the insurance database kept defaulting to it being a 1.1.... It's a real oddity, having electric windows and (broken) central locking, but also pov-spec bumpers and no external / internal 'trimmings' that are usually associated with late 205's