Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I see Wuvvum is 'aving a punt on the Senny. Nice cars, the 2.5i is quite slow and the manual box "agricultural" in the Massey-Ferguson sense, make sure the head gasket is not borked and he has done that strut welding properly - although that "Senator30e" fella seems to know his stuff. Cushy velour though.

the 2.5i is quite slow and the manual box "agricultural" in the Massey-Ferguson sense

Aye, gearboxes are not the greatest, but I've had a later Senator with a 2.5 and an autobox and that was just a little too slow. Besides, who's to say it has to stay as a 2.5? I'm sure a 24 valve 3 litre would slot in fairly easily, and taht would make for quite an entertaining beast. I doubt I'll win it though - I can't afford to bid too much at the moment as I'm having to keep the money for the R6 to one side...

I drive past this old thing on a fairly regular basis as it lives on the route between home and garage. It does have quite a few dings and dents but overall it looks reasonably solid. It runs out of tax tomorrow night and is parked on the pavement so the seller will probably want it out of the way quite quick - could be useful for negotiating on the price. I think it's quite well-priced for a Chevette - I reckon they're going to go up in value vaery quickly in the near future, what with being small, light, RWD and fairly easy to fit a 2-litre XE into.

Fortunately no semi-nude people in this picture:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-Honda-Accord ... 0185104123

Hirst, you've probably seen what's effectively this ad for Starion spares:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1985-COLT-STARION ... 0176160316

I was in Brandon only yesterday, possibly going there again next week if you need anything collecting from him (says he can't post).

Thats the first manual gearbox one of those Accords i've seen on the bay I think! They are all fuggin Autos.That one looks grotty but remarkably sound, cant really see any galloping rot. Sadly I am not equipped for spraying, which is what that needs I reckon, or I would already be on it with the DA sander.

Thats a real shame as I suspect you could easily predict what will happen here... he will sell one or two trivial but very hard-to-find parts off it to folk who need them enough to pay those sort of prices, then he will have an incomplete car which will end up getting baled. I was very tempted to bid when it was on a fortnight ago (and sold to our man for 250) but £500 is lunacy.