Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Brown Scirocco's interior = WIN

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-Volkswagen-S ... 0401834869

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ahhhh, the win indeed. Someone once described my Storm as 'browner than brown' and they may be right.... every part of the interior, save for the steering wheel, gear lever and seatbelts is brown.

I've just remembered how weird the sunroof was too.... a little hatch tilts on the inside, which pushes the entire lid up on the outside. Pointlessly great.

Be interesting to see how much that goes for, they're getting ultra-rare now but with a very limited market. I had no sniffs at mine for £500, then £375, then £200 (no rust, good paint, full ticket, totally original) then luckily I forgot to change my Scirocco Register advert from £500.... as some guy thought he'd found the bargain of the world and gave me full asking price. I hastily deleted the rest of the £200 adverts plastered around the internet....

Chassis/Floorpan - The chassis is solid and floorpan was stripped down to bare metal and found to be totally rust free.

BOLLOCKS.

He's a lazy sod that one - door cards are about 30 p from the right places - I couldn't give mine away. That chequer plate reminds me of Lazer Quest and will reflect like a cunt on a sunny day.

The colour's a bit weird as well - looks like he's photoshopped a different shade on.

Nice 'wagon' overall though, quite an early one too.

I'm very tempted to have a flutter on this honey, could even nip to Mayfair on the way home...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0334225297

Posted Image

Do I need it? No, not really, but it does seem a nice one, and surely that's reason enough?

Oh dear. Top bidder turned out to be yet another Ebay twunt. So the chap's asked me if I'm still interested. Is it wrong that I really like it? Nggggg. What to do!

1986 Camry. Miles? See pic...

Posted Image

Lovely thing. Can someone buy it and keep it garaged for about two more years, then sell it to me? :wink:

Oh dear, that's really too close to me for financial stability and sanity :(

I'll keep an eye on it, though.....

I'm very tempted to have a flutter on this honey, could even nip to Mayfair on the way home...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0334225297

Posted Image

Do I need it? No, not really, but it does seem a nice one, and surely that's reason enough?

Oh dear. Top bidder turned out to be yet another Ebay twunt. So the chap's asked me if I'm still interested. Is it wrong that I really like it? Nggggg. What to do!
How much?

Some feller at work is sniffing round my Bluebird, dont know about selling it to him really as he's just looking for a reliable tank to drive 100 miles a day in until its dead.

I keep looking at the pictures of that Bluebird and trying to think of a way of justifying it to te wife. Shortly I should be starting a new job a mere 8 miles away, rather than my 70 mile round trip a day. Hmmmm, but isnt it in Peterborough?

with regards to spottedlaurels bluebirdim glad i helped and that someone who genuinely likes it has bought it!i will be asking you lot for help when my need for a first car arises.

How long to you think it will be before you pass your test?.

1986 Camry. Miles? See pic...

Posted Image

Lovely thing. Can someone buy it and keep it garaged for about two more years, then sell it to me? :wink:

Oh dear, that's really too close to me for financial stability and sanity :(

I'll keep an eye on it, though.....

I'm tempted to think of some strange co-ownership scheme - buy it together, you keep it, drive it and care for it until it's tax exempt over here (in 2011, 1986 will be the last year of our formerly rolling exemption scheme), then I'll pick it up and pay for the rest of it...

with regards to spottedlaurels bluebirdim glad i helped and that someone who genuinely likes it has bought it!i will be asking you lot for help when my need for a first car arises.

How long to you think it will be before you pass your test?.
probably by the end of the year i hope, 4 hours so far, and apparently my clutch control is perfect. I do however cross my arms whilst steering. New minis have ridiculously light steering, and are quite wide.

I do however cross my arms whilst steering. New minis have ridiculously light steering, and are quite wide.

I hate all that where you can't cross your hands, What differents does it make?, As soon as you pass your test you naturally cross your hands anyway.

probably by the end of the year i hope, 4 hours so far, and apparently my clutch control is perfect. I do however cross my arms whilst steering. New minis have ridiculously light steering, and are quite wide.

The nack is keeping your hands on the steering wheel but releasing slightly to feed it with steering. That way it's impossible to cross-over.

If you are needing to cross your hands over when steering it's usually a sign of taking the corner too quickly.

Not being patronising or owt, just giving my personal experience. :)

P.S. I learnt to drive in a new Mini, and I never had a problem with steering.