Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Look at this stunnah - just picture yourself settling back into the plush vinyl seats, gazing over the bonnet with all its power hidden underneath and knowing you're in a handmade British car with subtle sporting overtones.

Imagine powering down that twisty road in the alps, a Matt Monroe track in the background as you adjust your sunglasses with holes down the sides. Then as the camera pulls back and shows the car from the outside, the music changes to a kazoo and cymbals

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reliant-Rebel-Restoration-Project_W0QQitemZ280372687109QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414783b105&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1689%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

:shock::shock: SHIT................I'm atttracted to that :shock:

As am I. And I've just had a second chance offer on it. £122. My bidding finger is twitching...

As am I. And I've just had a second chance offer on it. £122. My bidding finger is twitching...

I quite like these 4 wheel Reliants, they're supposed to be very good on fuel because they weigh naff-all and the aluminium engine is pretty efficient.

I quite like these 4 wheel Reliants, they're supposed to be very good on fuel because they weigh naff-all and the aluminium engine is pretty efficient.
The Rebel is also supposed to have unexpectedly good handling, unlike the Kitten.

Been outbid on that Regata thankfully.

*waves*Always glad to be of service...
Cheers! To be honest I thought there was a good chance of the other bidder being you, can't tell nowadays with all this "Bidder 2" nonsense.

The Rebel is also supposed to have unexpectedly good handling, unlike the Kitten.

Will you see the benefits as you push it down the road? :wink: How far is that from moving under its own power, getting an MoT and those little details do you reckon?
Can't be all that far - it's got two engines, the body is plastic and the chassis is supposed to have been done, and there's not much else to these things really. I'm not expecting to drive it home, but I reckon a weekend's fiddling would probably have it tootling about under its own steam.

I've been fiddling away at the electrics on my old car for quite a while now, the loom was almost non existant and even though there aren't many things on a 1958 car, it still takes a while to get it made up.I agree though, should be a nice thing to get going.I'm going to be painting my fibreglass car with Rustoleum and high density rollers like the VW Van website shows, I'm in favour of a £100 paintjob instead of a £1000 one, no reason why you couldn't do the same on the Rebel

I'm in favour of a £100 paintjob instead of a £1000 one, no reason why you couldn't do the same on the Rebel

I've always been a proponent of the £10 paintjob myself. Tin of one-coat gloss from the local DIY shop, couple of rollers, job's a good 'un. :D

When my dad had a Reliant Robin, about 5 years of his life disappeared under a tidal wave of oil leaks, helicoils and porous/corroded aluminium engine parts. Lovely engine those reliant units, but I would say their general toughness and tolerance of being repaired is comparable with something like a Ferrari v12

:lol: I don't need two of them!Mr_B, I didn't realise you were selling it so actively as to have put an ad up for it, but I suppose listing it on C&C isn't as final as eBay, is it?I've done the metallic green pre-facelift thing now anyway, silver facelift ones are where the real action is at. One disappointment with my new one is that the indicators will be on the wrong (ie left-hand) side of the steering wheel :evil:Edit: Yours doesn't appear to have been driven by 19yr old French au-pairs either.