Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Posted Image

Would this have still had the daft round-the-corner fanbelt arrangement as per the 304, or did these have electric radiator fans?
If only I had some space....sigh This will be a lovely little car to drive.
Aye, and I might be temporarily without non-2CV car if I can sell the Alfa. It's attracted two bids now though - Pog and I have another rival...

I thought some had the lights like that? You can only have them at a certain height - maybe the 4x4ness causes the change?

I think DW is right - the change probably keeps the headlamps within the required legal height limits (measured from the road?).

I thought some had the lights like that? You can only have them at a certain height - maybe the 4x4ness causes the change?

I think DW is right - the change probably keeps the headlamps within the required legal height limits (measured from the road?).
I think it just must be that I've not seen the 4x4 treatment on the earlier ones before, just the 89 onwards face lift ones (as used by the forces), so I was unfamiliar with that look on a pre facelift version.

This is interesting, being suitably local and looking in decent nick...

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-ROVER-216-GS ... 0332385637

Honda engine isn't it? I'm sure it was a GSi that my mum and stepdad had.

Also in my watch list, at different ends of the Nissan spectrum:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0400113441

Rubbish photo, neatly capturing this Maxima's over-long front overhang. I wouldn't want to spend a lot on on one of these due to their head gasket/auto 'box issues, but I would consider a bid if it stays at sensible money (ie be prepared to break/scrap it if it went badly wrong).

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0358693661

If it stayed stupidly cheap I might go for this, simply because it's so close to home I could go and fetch it on my bike.

Don't want to spend a fortune on anything, as long-term a Camry like this is my aim:

Posted Image

Got to be a 2.2, ideally a Sport with manual 'box. To get one with decent history and sensible miles it looks like I'm going to have to spend £1500 or so, which I don't have to hand right now hence this search.

Tomorrow we wave goodbye to the trusty Carina E, as it's off down to father-in-law's to become his transport. I replaced a chunk of exhaust on it last week, probably the first time for it in 13 years.

Love that Dyane and it's not too far from me (but I'm very skint :cry: )DW, did you ever get to see that blue and yellow flame Ami with the Alfasud engine? It was for sale for ages and found its way to one of the dealers, forget which one for now. I got to speak to the fellow that built it and he told me it was quick but still needed a lot of development ...

Love that Dyane and it's not too far from me (but I'm very skint :cry: )

DW, did you ever get to see that blue and yellow flame Ami with the Alfasud engine? It was for sale for ages and found its way to one of the dealers, forget which one for now. I got to speak to the fellow that built it and he told me it was quick but still needed a lot of development ...

Sorry for the rubbish picture,but I guess you mean this one(taken at the Guildford Cruise sometime in the early '90s)

Posted Image