Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

[i wonder about the 2 weeks mot and wheather the work has been checked ok for strength etc though. That would need an engineers report/vosa check wouldnt it?I think that would depend on wether the V5 has been changed to state that it's now a convertible [which, of course, it won't have been.].

Autocheck say -Car DetailsVehicle Registration Mark SWA284FMake RILEYModel ELFTransmission & fuel type MANUAL PETROLBody Type SALOONColour RED AND BEIGERed and beige saloon you say? :lol:

Am i opening myself up to massive amounts of ridicule by admitting to liking this??!! :oops:

Not by me anyway. I like that myself but would paint it another colour and ditch the stupid exhausts though

Posted Image

I quite like the stupid exhausts...

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/rollls-royce-DIES ... 0351245270

this is a 1974 rolls royce that has been converted to diesel. it has a 5.7 v8 diesel engine fitted

One for Hirst Cabs Wedding Hire Fleet?
5.7 Dizzler, hmm, thats gonna be so much more economical than a 6.75 Petrol.... what with Derv prices these days..

I recon that'll end up going round in an oval fashion getting shorter on each lap...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D2

Comically awful but I love it and it's local. Lolz at the towbar, God alone knows what that would pull but I expect a rice pudding skin would put up some resistance.

:lol:

You could probably walk along side it as you filled it with chip fat though!

This is yanking my chain a lot too, and probably within a mile from my crummy abode...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morris-minor-1000 ... 7C294%3A50

*Apologies for being a spacker and not mastering that nifty ebaY link thing.

PS: Has anyone noticed how in the last couple of weeks eBay's wonderful upload system seems to delete the month that MoT & tax expire and just leave the year on the listings? You'd have thought the muppets would have realised by now and sorted it, but apparently not. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=370219516254&Category=9858&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2Comically awful but I love it and it's local. Lolz at the towbar, God alone knows what that would pull but I expect a rice pudding skin would put up some resistance.

Speaking of rice pudding, check the rear arches :)

Just for once, I would love to see a Cosworth listed as a "Base Model Replica" to redress the balance. Do these numpties realise that all the base models are disappearing, soon there will be no more to convert!The grey grille was gone by mid A plate, all were colour coded in the first facelift, which also saw the foglight swith receive an orange panel to identify it, as the previous black one was hard to see...............I have a RARE early switch if anyone wanst to do a "base model replica" BTW.

On the Sierra...[anorak] Base models up until the '85MY facelift always had the danglies...they lost the grey grille for the '84MY. The L lost the danglies, gained more plastichrome and holed wheeltrims (instead of the weird double-slots) for '84.So, as a base model (with those GR8 steel wheels) it's had a replacement driver's mirror. [/anorak] It shouldn't be an A-reg if it was first registered on 6 November 1984 though...

On the Sierra...

[anorak] Base models up until the '85MY facelift always had the danglies...they lost the grey grille for the '84MY. The L lost the danglies, gained more plastichrome and holed wheeltrims (instead of the weird double-slots) for '84.

So, as a base model (with those GR8 steel wheels) it's had a replacement driver's mirror. [/anorak]

It shouldn't be an A-reg if it was first registered on 6 November 1984 though...

DVLA says

The vehicle details for A485 RFJ are:

Date of Liability 01 08 1997

Date of First Registration 11 06 1984

Year of Manufacture 1984

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2304CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Heavy Oil

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour BLUE

Vehicle Type Approval null

This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £104.50

12 Months Rate £190.00

I think ebay have taken the date to be written in the US style, not the UK style.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=370219516254&Category=9858&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

Comically awful but I love it and it's local. Lolz at the towbar, God alone knows what that would pull but I expect a rice pudding skin would put up some resistance.

Speaking of rice pudding, check the rear arches :)
Oh dear, I just have up close. It's a shame really because my Crapometer nearly broke the scale. Rear arches already been splodged (and the driver's side one smells of EPIC FAILZ), some pretty comical welding that looks like seagull pooh mixed with papier mache and a no budging on price means it's a no-no for me.

Apprantly I could buy it and 'after the MOT has run out it wouldn't owe me anything'.

£290 for eight weeks use doesn't sound that clever to me, I might as well go to Car Craft and get DRY BUMMED by some oily shark for a ten grand Clio worth £700 :cry: